Chapter 25~

Philip's pov

So right now I'm headed out to Martha's baby shower. I haven't exactly seen the rest of the house, so I'm excited. It also happens to be the first time I've worn pink. Martha, you couldn't have made it a boy? I hate pink.

So we're in the driveway, right? We all get out of the car, and dad leads the way in. Inside is an explosion of pink and it's disgusting.

Pastels, neons, even muted pinks. And rose. I then look to the left to see a beautiful y/n in an adorable pink dress.

"Hey babe." She says and kisses my cheek

"Do you know who decorated your house?" I ask, trying not to be obvious about how gross it is.

"Oh, I did actually."

Oh my Elizabeth the third.

"Why?" She asks curiously.

Should I tell her that it's gross or that I love it? I know how she can be sometimes, and I don't wanna hurt her. But lying is worse.. hmm.. oh well here we go.

"I dunno.. it's just really pink."

She giggles that a d o r a b l e giggle (that's right reader, you have an adorable giggle :)

"Well of course it's pink silly, she's having a girl!"

I suddenly feel really dumb for no reason at all. Then a spooked angelica comes up to me and says,

"The food is worse."

"Angelica!" I correct her. "You can't say things like that in front of the hosts."

"So she can think it?" Y/n asks sternly.

"You think it's terrible, don't you?"

Oh fuck I feel guilty rn..

"You think it's gross? It took me hours to make."

"W-well y/n.. I just-"

"Don't talk until you know what real effort is."

The party continues on, and y/n avoids me and hangs out with angelica.

She must really be mad, huh?
My squip asks. Shit, wrong musical..

She must be really mad..I think to myself. It is rather extravagant decorating. I look around and watch everyone's happy faces. I can't wait for me and y/n's first baby shower.. except I don't want it to be pink. We're having a boy. Y/n shoots me an evil glare then smiles jokingly. She comes over to me and whispers

"Hey I'm sorry I got mad.. Ange told me you hated pink so I guess it's my fault." She giggled. God fuck I love her giggles "I love you." She smiles and takes my arm and puts it over her shoulder, earning an approving look from my dad.

We continue eating, drinking, and laughing, and we all notice the night slowly falling. George turns up the heat to help avoid the evil winter cold.

My dad looks at my mom and looks back at George, setting down his beer and standing up.

"It's been such a great time, but we should get going. The other guests look at my dad in surprise we would leave early.

Thomas Jefferson stares at me dead in the eyes and speaks up.

"Wait, y/n and Philip are together?"

The small crowd looks at us and I slowly lift my arm off y/n. I can practically hear her eyes roll and she kisses me on the cheek.

"Yeah.. we have been." She announces like it was obvious.

I mentally facepalm and look back at a smug y/n. Her cheeks are painted light red and her eyes are sparkling in the cold light. I shake my head and smile looking down. Theodosia and Angelica start making kissy noises and awing sounds. Burr places a hand on Theo's shoulder, and they both stop.

I stand up and begin to quickly walk to my stuff at the front door. I slip on my jacket and watch my family slowly walk up to the door.

"You ready, pips?" My mom says cheerfully.

"I- uh.. yeah.."

I was caught off guard by a lonely y/n biting her lip, looking helpless as ever, touching where her sweet spot was scarred.

Jesus christ this will be fun..

I quickly turn head out the door trying to forget about what I saw. I get in our car and slam our door shut, leaving the night behind us.