Carving Through Deep Snow

Comenzar desde el principio

"What are you—"

"I can't tell you," she said regretfully, "just, please be careful. I know I can't stop you. You have a strong, stubborn, and determined spirit. They're all admirable qualities until you get stuck in a situation such as this."

I sighed, shoulders slinking down, "I just wish I knew what I supposedly know. I sound completely insane."

She laughed a little. "Can you at least tell me a few things about her?"

She sighed again and shook her head in a scolding manner. "What do you want to know?"

"Was she Damon's girlfriend or Bax's, or not even a girlfriend?"

"Although it's a little more complicated, she was Damon's girlfriend."

"Was? What happened to her? Why isn't she here? Will she ever come back here?"

"No, she won't ever be able to come back here. I can't tell you what happened," she said, looking down at her lap. She stood up and went back to cooking without another word. I nodded my head, knowing she wouldn't be able to see it.

So she was once Damon's girlfriend, but then what about her pictures with Bax? Was she his sister or something? Wait, that didn't make any sense because then she would be Damon's cousin too? Maybe they were good friends too? Did she cheat on Damon with Bax? But why would she? She seemed like she was really in love with him. No. There had to be something more. I had a feeling that their relationship wasn't as simple as I was making it out to be. She was important though. That much I was sure of.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Let's go," Damon said, walking into the library as looked up from my book.

"Where?" I asked

"Snowboarding."

"Well that was kind of random."

"I told you earlier this week I'd take you, didn't I?"

"Yeah, but it just seems so spontaneous."

"Did you expect me to give you a day's warning or something?"

"Uh, yeah, kind of. Plus, most people usually start by asking "Are you busy?" or "Hey, you want to do something?""

"You're stuck in a house in Alaska, what could you possibly be busy with?"

"Reading, or maybe helping Nadya in the kitchen."

"Well the only reason important enough would be if you were making those brownie cookies again or those cinnamon pretzles."