I know exactly what he means. I knew the moment that I saw Yo walking up the sidewalk that he was the one. The one that I have been waiting for. The one that I want to spend my future with and the one and only that stole my heart before he even knew it. I won't know what to do if he had rejected me. I probably would have gone on eventually but not before wasting away and losing all hope of ever being happy again. That isn't the future I want. I want the future where Yo is mine, all mine, and right by my side where he should be.

I try my best to support Kit and I truly believe that he will win Ming's heart, but it may not happen right away. "Ai'Kit, just take it slow and you can do it.  N'Ming won't be able to resist those cute dimples. He even said it himself."

As soon as I remind him that Ming has already confessed that he thinks Kit's dimples are cute, Kit blushes and bashfully asks, "You think so. I can really do it?"

I smile and nod my head yes. "Yes. You definitely can do it. Don't forget that our Ai'Kitty is a fierce person to deal with when he wants something desperately. Now, hold your head up high and don't back down. Go get your man."

Kit smiles at me and then looks over at Ming who isn't paying attention to us, instead Ming is watching the trainer closely to try and get the new dance steps that they are teaching. Ming looks very serious, but he takes a second to look at us and quickly smiles at Kit which makes Kit nearly collapse. I glance over at Yo and he flashes a quick smile at me which warms my heart. I'm so happy that he has accepted me, and I don't plan on courting him for too long before I make him my boyfriend.

Kit and I continue to watch for about another ten minutes before we go back out to the benches and the rest of the gang. By the look on Shane's face, I can see that it is going to take some time for him to accept Kit and I, but we are definitely going to work on winning him over.

As Kit and I sit down, Shane mocks, "Couldn't stop looking at N'Yo and N'Ming?"

Forth immediately scold, "Now, P'Shane, what have we talked about? You promised that you would let N'Yo and N'Ming find out on their own what they want and what they don't want. We both agreed that N'Yo is finally the same age as most of the other freshman here, so he isn't a target for people to bully. If you really want to know what I think, I think that when N'Yo was really young, the other students were jealous of him and wanted to shake him up, so that he didn't get good grades. I'm sure their pride was hurt a little watching this sixteen-year-old come into college when they were probably nineteen or twenty, and the sixteen-year-old got better grades than them. Second, I think that the last couple of years N'Yo was getting bullied not because of his grades or his age, but because he is just so cute and adorable. I would probably bet that those guys trying to pick on N'Yo were just like Ai'Pha and attracted to him. You can't argue with me on that one."

Shane reluctantly admits, "Okay, I know that you are right on the last part and you are probably right on the first part, too."

Forth continues, "So, it is time to let N'Yo grow up and you need to leave the parenting functions to his parents."

Shane growls, "That is the problem. N'Yo's parents aren't here. Well, technically only his mom is gone but his dad doesn't make time for him. Don't even get me started on how that man hurt N'Yo so much that if I ever meet him, I may not hold back from teaching him a much needed lesson. You weren't there. You didn't see how N'Yo cried every night knowing that his dad wouldn't take the time to visit him or even talk to him on the phone. That first Christmas break or semester break that N'Yo came back to visit, N'Yo came back to the United States a crushed boy. At sixteen, his whole spirit was destroyed. My family took him in and both my mom and dad treat him just like another son. Shoot, he has his own room at my family's house when he stays there. In my eyes, I'm his older brother and like any older brother who has had to watch his family member be destroyed, I will fight to protect him to the bitter end. Just like now with his dad, I know that N'Yo has talked with him a couple of times since he has come back but I'm still going to stand by N'Yo just in case his dad returns to his old habits and hurts N'Yo. I don't care who he is. I will break down doors to tell him face-to-face what he has done to such a nice boy."

Forth chuckles, "Oh, P'Shane, it can't be that bad."

Shane hisses, "It is and don't ask N'Yo about it. You will only make him cry."

Beam sadly asks, "What kind of father could do something so mean that would destroy that cute and adorable boy's spirit? He sounds like an awful man."

Forth nods his head in agreement. "Didn't he realize what he was doing?"

Shane sighs, "From what N'Yo has told me, I don't think his dad cared."

I'm shocked. What father could be so cruel as to not care about what his son is doing. Oh, I forgot. I need to put my father into that category because he is trying to push me into marriage all of a sudden. I have a bad feeling that he is going to bring that nasty subject up again soon, but this time I will have my own counter measure against it, a boyfriend. They won't be expecting this little twist. Well, at least, I can say that I'm not marrying a girl because I already know that Yo is the one for me. I'm not going to accept anyone but Yo.

Shane quickly adds, "N'Ming can tell you more about what happened before he left for the United States than me. I was always too afraid of making N'Yo cry that I never asked, and he never told us."

I confidently say, "I promise that I will try everything to not hurt N'Yo. I care about him too much to even think about hurting him. The moment that I saw him, he became the center of my universe and Ai'Kit is the same way with N'Ming. Both of us will try our hardest to protect both the nongs. You have my word on it."

Kit quickly adds, "You have my word on it, too."

Shane sighs but finally gives in. "Okay. I will back off completely, but that doesn't mean that I won't take my eyes off of you guys. I will still be watching you two like a hawk and if you hurt either one, I will there in an instant to protect both N'Yo and N'Ming."

Beep.

Beam mumbles, "What can it be now?"

Forth hums, "Is there something wrong, baby?"

Beam pulls out his phone and reads the message. He quickly shakes his head no. "Just my mother. She is wanting me to come home this weekend for a meal and she wants to meet my friends. She has never wanted to meet my friends. Ai'Kit and Ai'Pha, are you available this weekend to go with me? Hey, maybe my step-brother is coming home, too."

Kit and I look at each other and we quickly agree. We are both still really curious as to who Beam's step-brother is and why he is refuses to go home. Well, we heard what Beam said, but we want to see it too. Not only that, Beam really hasn't said much about his house, but when he was talking about his step-brother's room was down the same hall as his bedroom, it made me curious as to what kind of house it really is. It almost sounded like a huge mansion, but Beam would have told us if he lives in a big mansion. Right.

Forth quickly adds, "I should feel a little hurt because you didn't ask me to come over, baby, but I have already agreed to do something with N'Ming and N'Yo this weekend. So, I wouldn't have been able to come anyways."

Beam smiles. "Sorry, Ai'Forth. I wasn't going to ask you, yet. I thought it is a little too soon to go and meet the parents. But, I do plan on telling my mother that I have a hot and sexy boyfriend named Ai'Forth." Beam quickly leans over and kisses Forth on the lips.

Well, I guess my weekend is full already, but Iwanted to spend some much needed time with my baby Yo. I'll be really upset if I don't get anyquality time with Yo.

Posted August 6, 2018