Chapter Thirty Five

Dedicated to≈ Snow_Leaves your too sweet ❤
********

"A positive heart, mind and soul will lead to a positive life."

-Kamoyrocks
____________________________________

Julia's POV

"Wake up everybody! Its Christmas Eve!" Celine says from downstairs and we all head downstairs.

"I can't wait for you to see what I've got you." Jace whispers and I smile at him.

It then came to mind that I haven't gotten Jace anything for his Christmas yet.

I'll have to go shopping today.

"So, where are you guys going to shop for your Christmas Eve?" Celine asks.

As the family answers with different replies, I bite my lip. I have to find out what I'm going to get him.

"Where are you going Julia?" Celine asks nicely.

"I'm, mi aguh to the frock store." I say, looking down.

"Nice." Kathy says and I smile.

I feel a hand give me a squeeze. I turn my head to see Jace simply looking at me. He's asking me if I'm okay.

I nod my head and he gives my forehead a lingering kiss.

I always felt better when he did that.

"So, what will you all be getting me?" Celine asks, looking at the family.

"Its a surprise mom." Nadine says, smiling at her mother.

"Surprise? I hate surprises. Why can't you all just tell me? So that I won't have to die of curiosity." Celine rolls her eyes.

"That's why we have the word surprise grandma." Carter says as if explaining to a five year old to his grandmother.

"That's why your not getting any presents from me this year." She sassed at grandson and the whole table cracks up. "I'm going to die of curiosity. Do you want me to die?"

"Mom, your overreacting." Francis says.

"Don't sass me mister." She says and they start to talk loud over the matter.

"Um, Emily? Can you please cover for me until mi get back?" I whisper to her.

"Sorry J J. I can't. Everyone is gonna be out today looking for presents. So no one is going to be here."

"Oh! Okay. Thanks." I sigh I'm relief.

I have enough time to try and look for a present for Jace and the family.

.........

I head into many stores. More than I can count. I make sure to not leave out any family member.

By the time I'm done, my hands are filled with so bags that I almost struggle to get around this big beautiful city.

I've manage to get everything I can for the Pellington's except for one.

Jace...

It only hit me when I've noticed that I have no idea what to get him. And right now, I'm absolutely stuck. He told me he already got me something, and that has me even more nervous.

Because its the fact that he has something for me but I don't have anything for him.

Maybe I should just get something for my dad. I head into a shirt store.

He probably isn't even going to call me.

And the worst part is, I know he doesn't care about me anymore.

He made it obvious that he chose his new wife over me the day he left me with her. And when he left, I couldn't help but feel myself give up on him.

I've given up on my dad...

I've given up on him being there for me, caring for me. Him being around for me when I need him most. The best moments of my life came but he never did. He was always busy.

There's nothing more hurtful than having a father who is alive but is never there for you.

I really don't care if I'm sounding depressed or selfish, no. I don't care. Because I have every single right to be.

His wife abuses me. Literally abuses me. And he was in the same house and didn't even notice.

My mom died for crying out loud and he moved on in the blink of an eye like my mom never even existed and I've been keeping in that fact for so long but right now, I am saying it. Because it is true.

And it just hit me that my dad never really cared about how I felt...

No

He didn't

My mom died and he got married within just a few months as if she was never in his damn life. He told me to get over her death as if she wasn't even a big part of my life and it brings tears to my eyes to know that all this time, he was never there for me.

I want my old dad back. I don't know why, but I do. I want him to come back, return from where is hidden.

But the sad thing is, I know he isn't coming back. And I know that things between the two of us will never be the same.

I didn't know that I was crying until I felt the tears on my cheeks.

Its not fair to yourself to care about someone who doesn't care about you.

And with that, I head out of the store, buying nothing for him.

............

"Excuse mi, do yuh have any recommendations on what to buy for a teenage boy?" I ask the store lady standing beside the items of clothes.

"Sure! What do you have in mind?" She says excitedly.

"Um, mi nuh know. I was kinda hoping yuh could help me." I scratch my head, chuckling nervously.

"Oh sure! Right this way." She says walking over to a rack with clothes. "This clothes are totally in this type of season. All teenage boys love it."

I examine the clothes but none of them seem to catch my eye. And somehow I knew it wouldn't catch Jace's eye either.

"Do yuh have any more a yuh suggestions?"

"Well, we do have a jewelry section. Follow me." We walk towards the section and I stare at all the wonderful watches, rings and so much more.

I start to look at all of them, hoping to find a specific jewel that can catch my eyes but I can't find any. I deeply sigh.

I can't believe its almost night and I can't find a present for Jace.

And then, it hit me.

It doesn't have to be a gift that is bought.

But something that is from the heart.

"Did you get what you wanted darling?" The lady asks. I smile at her. Somehow..

I knew exactly what to get Jace..

******************************

A/N: Hey guys. Right now, I'm crying. I don't know why, but I am.

You guys mean so much to me, you have no idea. I can't believe how far I've come. Its absolutely overwhelming. Your words and votes literally make me happy and when I see how much you guys care for me, it makes my life just a little better.

I know I'm not perfect at writing, I've heard that many times from people, but you guys make me believe that I can write good enough and that's all I need to motivate me to write more.

I'm gonna go get a tissue.

I love you all ❤

~Kamoyrocks