Chapter Twenty Six

•Dedicated to≈ Nisagauci. You rock girl!
******

"To be beautiful, is to just be the unique and outstanding you."

-Kamoyrocks 😊
____________________________________

Jace's POV

"Say that again." I whisper. I don't think I heard her right. My mom always told me that I had a habit of misinterpreting anything people said.

"I-I love you." She blushes.

"Again." I take her hands in mine. I look into her eyes as she does the same. My breath is taken away when I find nothing but love in her big brown eyes.

"I love you." She says more loudly.

I've been longing to hear those three words fall from her soft lips. I feel like the luckiest boys in the world. She loves me...oh thank god, she really loves me.

She's the love of my life, my other half, my happiness, my one and only queen. She's mine.

There's only one thing left to do. I  look into her eyes as I slowly lean in. I've been waiting to do this for so long. I slowly grab her jawline, as I look at her eyes, and then her lips. Just as I'm about to kiss her...

The door opens.

"Julia!! Your back!" Emily screams and runs to her, separating us.

Ugh, I can never get any privacy in this house.

"Yes, I've missed yuh guys so much!" Julia smiles and Bethany, along with Tyler enters the room.

"Julia!" They all exclaim.

Then that means...

"Ahh!! We just got the news! Julia! We've been so worried about you!" Kathy screams and separates us even further, along with everyone and its only then that I'm pushed off the couch.

My family...

I do nothing but smile at Julia as she speaks to my whole family.

God I love this girl...

Julia's POV

I walk down the halls, fully aware that everyone's eyes are on me. Glares from the girls, smirks from the boys, I can literally feel the stares piercing through my skin.

Everyone has stopped what they are doing. The halls are completely quiet. The only sound that is heard is my footsteps as I walk down the narrow hall.

I'm tired of this...

I slowly put down my bag on the floor, and stand up in the middle of the hall, where there's a little bench, that way everyone can see me.

"Yuh know what?" I shout to get everyone's attention. They all turn to look at me strangely. "I'm tired of you guys. Yes, mi black. I'm not white, I'm different from you all. I speak different from all of yuh. But you know what? Y'all are gonna have to live with it. I'm not gonna change. I'm here, I'm different and I couldn't really say that I hate my race. I don't despise none of you. But its just the fact that you all can deal with someone different. Just because of what your ancestors did doesn't mean that you should follow."

"I can't change who I am for you all. I can't blame God for how he made me. And I'm most defiantly not going degrade or hate myself just because of my colour. I'm proud of myself. I'm proud to be black. I'm proud to be different, to be daring. To be completely and utterly unique. I'm proud of who I am. I'm a proud black  African girl. And I may not be perfect but I'm only human, I am going to make mistakes, I'm going to mess up, but that's just something I have to do. I'm sure none of you are perfect, none. So before one judges one, make sure that you are perfect."