Chapter Four

"Sometimes, the situations that we are in today, gives us a story to write for tomorrow."

                      -Kamoyrocks 😊
____________________________________

"How did this happin?" my dad asked me, as he treated my forehead.

"F-fall mi did fall." I cringed at the burning pain. My dad has been running the purple lotion and vaccine over my forehead for a while now.

"Oh...its not that deep but, the cloth bandaid on the scar will clear it up by the time yuh ready fi go a school tomorrow" he said

"Okay."

"So how was yuh first day a school?" he asked as he packed up the first aid kit.

"Well...." I started.

I told him every detail. From those girls tackling me, to the part were I fell and landed flat on my face.

"Ama talk to dem tomorrow, and yuh gonna come with mi." dad said, out of frustration.

"Dats a good idea. Anyways, how was work today?" I asked

"Hectic. Oh an....about work..." he trailed off.

"Yes?"

"Um...well I'm  get promoted to manager." he says.

"Oh..well dats great! But why yuh so sad?" I ask.

"Well mi ago manage one business in New York and....I'm gonna have to leave in a few weeks." he says in a sad tone.

That really caught me off guard. I just lost my mother. I can't loose my papa too. Even though he's not you know...dead. (And him couldn't so bright to a leff mi with da mad woman here.)

"Alright so... when yuh ago leave?" I ask.

I can't be selfish. This is a big opportunity for him, and I don't want to be the one that keeps him from that. Its not fair.

"In a few weeks. Not quite sure when mi ago come back but, mi will call you when mi ago come back." he says

The sad look on his face makes me want to cry. I know he doesn't want to leave me, put he has to. This is for him.

I reach over to hug him in a tight embrace. I let out a shaky breath as the thought of me and that woman staying together in one house might turn out. This is gonna be a long year...

After a few minutes of silence, we slowly pulled away.

"Hey, we still have a few more days before mi leave. I got you something..." he trailed off as he went out of my room and came back in a couple of minutes, holding medium-sized box.

"This is to keep yuh occupied when your bored." he says and hands me the box.

In the box was a camera and a set of purple headphones.

"Thank you! So what does the camera do?" I ask.

"It takes pictures and film videos." he explains. "Oh, and there's a strap in here that you can use to strap round yuh shoulder."

"Thank you papa! I love it!"

"You're welcome princess. Now that that's settled.." he stands up, and reaches his hand out for me. "Let's eat dinner."

We both laugh and head down stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~