Chapter Twenty

Dedicated to≈ The_Dweeb
*******

"Its always those little things in life that make living worth while."

-Kamoyrocks
____________________________________

Julia's POV

"I love you mama, thanks for the ring." I say to her. She smiles and hugs me.

"Your welcome baby. Treasure it always. I'm always here for you. Always." She smiles.

"Oh mom." I hug her as tears ran down my cheeks. Just then, I feel her body shaking. I move instantly. "Mom, what's wrong?" I ask as I see her face turning red, she was being choked, a pair of hands were around her neck. The person is blurry and I can't quite see them.

"No." I say and try to move the hands away. But my efforts are useless.

"June."

"St-Stop." I move my arms.

"Julia."

"Stop! Stop hurting her! Get away from her!" I shout then sob.

"June...stop."

"Stop touching her! Leave her alone!"

"June. Wake up!"

Just then, my mom slowly looses her breath and she stares at me, taking her last breath.

"No!" I sob and reach for her. "Mom, please don't leave mi." I cry.

"June wake up please!"

I gasp for air as I sit up on the bed. I feel my forehead as I start to sweat and breath heavily. I was having panic attacks again. I haven't gotten them in the longest time.

A pair of muscular arms wrap around my waist as I sob.

"Shh, its okay, it was just a dream." Jace whispers in my ear. My breathing is still rigid as I desperately grasp his shirt and start to black out. "No June, stay with me. Come back." Jace says but his voice seems so far away.

"Come back to me baby, please." He stretches over for something while rubbing my back. "Will it help if I rubbed your back?" I don't say anything as I rapidly shake. Just then a pump is placed at my mouth and I am soon inhaling and exhaling. My breathing is then slightly at ease when he makes me breath through a small brown bag.

"Are you okay?" Jace whispers in my ears. I slightly nod. He wipes my tears with his thumb as he rubs my back slowly. "How long?"

"Since mama died." I hug him. I'm really thankful that he is here or else I wouldn't know what would have happen to me.

"I'm so sorry to hear that June. Do you need water? Is there anything that would make you take your mind off it?" He asks with caution.

"I just wanna stay like dis." I hug him tighter. He kisses my forehead and my while body tingles.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

I breath and look at his calming green eyes that seemed to subside the storm within me. "Somebody strangled my mum."

"I thought she was dead because she had cancer." He strokes my hair.

"She did...well, I think she did. But that dream, it felt real. Jace?"

"Yes June?"

"I think my mom was murdered."

"That can't be right. Who would do such a thing?"