Chapter 36

The van was pulled over. Romania was using his laptop, which he teleported to them to do the video feed of the meeting. It was going to be a hard one. How were they supposed to address a nation's death while worrying of Norway dying.

No one spoke as more nations joined. The two in the front seats had no idea of how the program operated but knew that Japan and other nations striving in technology designed it in hopes of making it like a true meeting. Several icons could be chosen, two to go through see different nations. One to open a private chat with the nation that was on your camera and the final being used so cameras automatically switched to yours so you could place your input. When several nations pressed it put them on time limits and went threw them.

Finally, all were present and the Nordic four along with the two micronations and Hong Kong almost had the camera on them instantly. Matthias's jaw was clenched just was Emil's hand to Leon's. The boys looked as if they haven't slept due to a late night horror film. That left Finland and Sweden, who had to be the strong ones. Tino sighed "As some of you know and most don't. We called this meeting to discuss-" he was cut off by Thomas who started to cry. Berwald could only hold him.

With a gulp Tino continued "Sorry. But, there's been a death."

The cameras switched to America. "A death? Dudes! To deep! And where's the other one?"

The camera once again switched. Before Tino could make himself calmly reply Matthias glared toward the feed. "Norway. Lukas Bondevik." It killed him to not add the Kohler like they did those years ago even though they weren't married. Tino shot the Dane a look "Matthias. Carrying on, The personification of the Kingdom of Norway has perished in a plane crash."

The van was silent.

Moldova looked at the screen, at the tears that glistened then to the back of the van to the final row. There he saw a sleeping Norway. He didn't think he was dead. Aurel hoped not. Whenever Bulgaria couldn't watch him Norway would and he always had fun by the fjords or streets of Oslo. Norway was like an extra big brother. He poked Romania's arm who was staring lost at the screen as shouting, panicking nations made their way through the speakers.. "Frate, dacă dl Norvegia e mort, de ce e în dubă adormită?"

(Brother, if mister Norway is dead why is he in the van asleep?)

Romania shushed him with a not now quick to turn to the screen and press the button. "Norway isn't dead."

"What!" The camera was focused on a wide eyed Icelandic. "Romania please tell me you just said my storebror isn't actually dead."

England sighed as it focused on them again "No Iceland. Norway is alive. We're on our way to your home now. However he is unconscious."

"And the injuries?" Came Tino.

"None? Why would he have any?"

Matthias stared as Tino explained the plane crash. "Where was he." The Dane had to interrupt. What if he was panicking after getting his memories. What if he was in a coma like Berwald? Would he hate him or would he want to be engaged once again?

"Aarhustakes, Denmark. He seemed to have teleported himself there. Perhaps he canceled his original flight?"

"Couldn't you ask him?"

Romania frowned "We'll explain when we arrive more although as we said, he is unconscious."

The meeting soon ended with the death being a false alarm leaving England and Romania to switch off who was driving once again and the seven at their destination to grow anxious at seeing the once thought dead member of their family. Still the Nordics were blind to what was actually going on with Lukas but they knew he was breathing and for now, that's all they wanted. Lukas alive.

Hours later, from the window Thomas and Peter watch an unfamiliar van pull in before they ran out hoping to be the first ones to see Lukas. As soon as Leon pointed out the van though he and Emil were outside as the passenger opened and with Emil shouting Storebror repeatedly everyone was outside as soon as Moldova got out waving to Thomas and Peter. Several times they played together but they didn't tend to get Aurel's humor nor would Aurel understand how they weren't full fledged nations while looking older then himself.

Matthias was grinning which soon fell when he was waved over. Was Lukas hurt? Why would he be hurt? That's when he realized he forgot once again he was unconscious. "I assume you can carry him." stated Arthur to which he nodded before getting him out of the van careful not to hit his head against anything.

Lukas was in his arms and for a second he just had to stand there. When he asked, he didn't even realize it. "Yes, Matthias, when he wakes up he should remember."

"Remember? Remember what?" questioned Tino who still had no idea of the problem with memories. England sighed "We'll explain and return yours. Sweden?"

"R'm'mb'r."

The brit gave Iceland a small glare. "Great job telling us."

"Hey! When I found out he had his memories Leon came over!"

Matthias smiled to himself trying not to laugh as he thought of how his Lukas would react to the situation. Something along the lines of telling Arthur to leave Emil alone he reasoned. "How did he get his memories back?"

The two froze as Moldova and the boys ran to the swings in the yard. Romania laughed nervously "You see Em,-"

"Don't call me that."

"Lukas may or may not have stumbled upon the contract."

"You three wrote up a contract?" Questioned the Dane trying not to show how glad he was that he actually remembered, that if he still had feelings, they could be together since it was pretty obvious his brother didn't have a crush on him. "Indeed." muttered Arthur "However we broke our part when we didn't give his memories back when the objective was fulfilled. I'll explain this to you later. Now take him in before you drop your possible damn fiancé."

He was grinning. They still saw them as engaged. That was a good sign right? If Lukas loved him even without their memories they would know so comments like that had to be good. "Fiancé! Gawked poor Tino staring at Lukas then the other Nordics beside him. "When did they get engaged!"

Peter and Thomas laughed from hearing their mother figure freaking out over an engagement he had no idea of. Peter curled his hands around his mouth then shouted. "Ask Emil! He had a ring box saying it was their secret!"

Emil glared as Tino stared wide eyed waiting for an answer. "Tino, it was centuries ago. You knew don't worry."

"And everyone else remembered but me!"

They group stayed silent before they heard the door close.

Matthias climbed over the stares and attempted to open the bedroom door several times until he realized he could twist it just enough with his hand to open it. Then he laid Lukas down, his grin never leaving. He was there. Lukas was alive.

Everyone was in and out of the room informing him of things or mostly checking in on Lukas. Slowly the Dane's eyes fluttered close until he fell asleep hoping, that in the morning, he could see Lukas's eyes.