Chapter 3

Matthias enter the home still lost. He slipped off his boots and jacket as small steps made their way downstairs. "Perfect! Your here!" smiled Tino who he quickly noted was holding an empty bowl.

"Ja? You said Lukas wanted someone and Emil was out. Why do you have a bowl?"

"Forced the stubborn ass to eat. If he complains about it just ignore him. It was his fault."

The male nodded not wanting to question what the Fin did. It most likely had to do with tying him down and spoon feeding him. 'Poor Lukas.' he thought to himself after. "Norge still upstairs?"

"Where else would he be?" he sighed "You should head up."

Matthias nodded and started his way up the stairs.

"Matthias?"

"Ja?"

"I mentioned something about after the Kalmar Union... when he was with us."

The Dane froze and turned to face him. Was that what Lukas was upset about? Did they do something and he blamed Matthias for not saving him?

"And! What happened? Is that what's bugging him?"

The fin shook his head slowly "Nei... I think it has something to do with before. When he was still with you. But he says you did nothing ever wrong so I don't know."

He frowned and turned back to his journey towards the Norwegian's room. When he found himself by the door he didn't bother knocking just quietly entered and knelt by the bed. Although he preferred to cup his cheek he was turned the other way. "Lukas?" he paused "What's going on Norgie?"

Matthias stayed silent as the other slowly shifted onto his stomach and faced him. Wide weary eyes connecting with his own. After a second passing he slipped his hand up across his cheek to tuck a sliver of faint blond hair behind Lukas's ear. "What's wrong?"

Carefully Lukas nuzzled his cheek into his hand earning a concerned and confused stare. The Norwegian sighed pulling away "Sorry.... Just..."

He shook his head lightly "Lukas.... What are we gonna do with you?" he smiled, now him being the one receiving the weird look. "Scoot over Norge."

Slowly he moved over as asked by the Dane who then laid down beside him under the blankets and held him close. Fingers danced down his back in small circles partnered with a deep hum.

Lukas sighed relaxing against the Dane being held within his arms and said Dane was perfectly content with holding him near. However within a second the smaller became rigid. "Nej.. Nej nej nej... go..."
"Lukas? I thought-"

"Go!" he pushed away from him careful to keep his distance "Stay away from me!"

"Lukas what's wrong?"

"Stay away from me!"

Matthias stared lost. One moment they were just laying there both happy and now he had to go? Leave him for most likely another break down. His dark wild eyes causing a frown on the larger's face. Pale lips trembling once again attempting to form a plea. What ever was doing this to him had to be bad. Didn't it?

"I'm not leaving with you like this."

Tino sighed sitting against the back of the dark furnishing located in the living room. It was nice to lean back against the seating and listen to the quiet. Of course the circumstances were... different then what he'd favour them to be but no fighting swede and Dane. No brothers bickering. No mob boss puffin. No screaming boys. His lips connected to the warmth of a mug sipping on the bitterness of black coffee as he tried to understand what was going on.