Chapter 25

Emil slowly woke up to the feeling of someone softly running his hands through his hair. No one did that anymore. Slowly he turned to face Leon. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing. Your hair is soft."

The islander had to attempt to keep his face from burning. "Thanks? Why were you playing with my hair?"

The other shrugged and moved his hand to play with a small section of the ashen hair causing Emil to grow even more flustered. That's when Emil looked away and realized he wasn't sleeping were he laid down last night. He was where Leon laid down. "You were cold. I moved you."

"I was cold?" he doubted that. Weather never bothered him before, cold not warm. He hardly believed it would bug him now. Maybe Leon was cold and didn't want to admit to it? It seemed reasonable. Already he knew Berwald was awake, and although he wanted to see him he enjoyed staying with Leon and his siblings. They were nice to him although they did keep calling him something that no one would translate for him. Hopefully it was a compliment. "Are you still leaving today?"

"Ja. Berwald is awake. Plus everyone is probably trying to kill each other if they aren't dead."

Hong Kong nodded. "You should come over more."

"Okay. But it may take time, we've been going a little nuts these last few weeks."

"Everyone knows. First Norway. Finland said you were off for a bit. Then Denmark ran off for nearly three weeks now Berwald."

Emil nodded. He knew three of those four issues were simply their memories. Slowly he stretched "Ja." His body froze thinking of the issue and he ran to get up and snatch his phone. "No no no no."

"What is it?"

"Nothing!" He rushed searching for Arthur's contact information.

"Emil. You can tell me."

He was silent until he groaned. The information was gone. So was Romania's he must have gotten rid of it. Although he could ask Leon he would rather not. His politics was something he avoided, especially over if he was technically Chinese or English colony. But this was life or death. Emil frowned and sighed. "Do you have England's number?"

"Arthur's? What do you need it for."

"Something."

"Tell me and I'll give it."

Berwald was sitting at the table when Matthias walked in. Slowly he sipped at his coffee actually frowning instead of his stotic face. "What's got you in a bad mood?" He yawned. It was simple to say that Matthias didn't sleep well with his pale face and dark bags under his eyes. But he wasn't going to baby the Dane. "W' n''d t' t'lk. 'b''t L'k's"

For a second the Swede could see the other freeze then sigh. "I know. He was worried last night, then before that it was me fighting with Tino. But Tino deserved it after what he said."

"Wh't?" Berwald was going to kill him.

"Nothing! What about Norge did you want to talk about?"

He'd have to ask Tino about it later to kill him, again. "Y''."

"Me?"

"Wh'n ' l'ft y'' w'r' 'ng'g'd."

Matthias froze before locking the doors and windows. "Don't. You think I don't know we were engaged? You drop this, now."

"Wh' d'dn't ' kn'w th's t'll n'w th'n? ' 's'd t'."

"Don't get mad."

Berwald slowly nodded. Matthias sighed and sat down "England and Romania explained it to me. Lukas erased everyone's memories, about a week before you kidnapped him. That way when you took him, well England interrupted Romania and told him to shut up. Don't understand it but Icey said he didn't want me to ruin his life again so don't let him get his memories, again."

It was silent between the two until Berwald stood and punched him in the jaw. "What was that for!"

"T'ld m' t' p'nch y'' 'f y'' 'v'r br'k' th' 'ng'g'm'nt."

"I didn't remember!"

"St'll c''ld'v' s'v'd h'm. B'th 'f y'' l'v'd ''ch 'th'r."

Matthias smiled and nodded rubbing his face "Ja. But he hates me now."

"Why is the door locked?"

Matthias sighed "Not a word." He got up and unlocked the door. Soon enough Lukas walked in giving the pair a confused look then he noticed the imprint on the Danes jaw. Easily he sighed, it was only fair he defended him. "Berwald, don't get mad at this idiot for calling Tino a-."

"Norge! He doesn't now! This was something else!"

"Oh. Your going to kill him then."

"Wh't d'd y'' c'll h'm?"

"Nothing! Anyways Norge, this was private."

"Private, like why you need to always have contact with Arthur and Vlad?"

Slowly he nodded and Berwald had to stare at his stupidity. Berwald refused to deal with this and he stood. "H' l'v's y''. St'p b''ng, 'n'm't''n'l."

"I have emotions. As for love I see he got you in on this prank."

"Pr'nk?"

"I'm not doing a prank. Gil is."

"Sorry, a stupid dare for a stupid Dane."

"You mean how they want me to go to America to pet a bear?"

It was silent as Lukas's face reddened from embarrassment. The complete situation was different. He grabbed his mug "Still is stupid after hurting Emil."

"Wh't d'd y'' d' t' 'c'l'nd?"

Matthias stared. What did he do to Iceland? Lukas sighed "He likes him. Didn't he confess already?"

"What. No way does Ice think of me that way! He's been telling me," Matthias didn't finish. Emil has been trying to stop him from getting back together with Lukas since he got his memories back, maybe longer. And he knew even as a kid he didn't care for the marriage. There was no way Emil liked him! "Telling you?"

"That you hate me. And, not to get with you."

Berwald got up "N't my b's'n'ss. ''m f'nd'ng Tino." He then left. The two who should be terrified for the Dane's life were in the middle of their own issue. "He told me the same thing about you."

"You want to get together!"

"Nej you idiot! That you hate me!"

"I could never hate you though!"

"You've been acting like you do." muttered Lukas "You always avoid me, converse as little as possible and the few times you do it changes to no or some sort of discussion on us."

Matthias stared for several seconds. There was no possible way that Lukas thought he of all people hated him. He couldn't believe or accept that. "Lukas?" sighed the Dane moving towards him. "What."

His hands fell onto the others waist. "Jeg elsker deg Lukas Bondevik." Matthias watched as Lukas's darker violet blue eyes widened slowly he opened his mouth to respond but the Dane softly shook his head and leaned for a kiss.