Chapter 35

It was cold. Normally when it was this cold he would be able to start a fire and be held protectively by... he couldn't think of who would hold him but he wanted them. Where was he even? A van? Why a van? He didn't know anyone who owned a van so why would he be in one? That when he saw their face's through the mirror.

Matthias was gripping the counter. He didn't mean to but he grabbed two mugs. But he did. He was just standing there staring at Lukas's mug in front of him. Why did he have to grab it! Why couldn't he just not think that maybe a coffee would help destress the Norwegian. His Norwegian. His Norway. His Lukas. It wasn't as if he would ever make him another coffee again.

"Matthias?" The voice was shaky, rough. Of course he knew who it was. He just didn't want to see them. See how upset they were. See his face that was nearly identical to Lukas's. So, instead he stared at the extra mug. "Ja?"

He didn't need to look to know Emil's eyes would be red and puffed with tears not only rimming the bottom but cascading down his checks. Emil, like Lukas tired from emotions and didn't show them as much however he's been sobbing anyways leaving him always ready to sleep. It seemed, to what Leon told him about the hours in the islanders room, was he'd cry till no more tears would come, fall asleep and repeat. Matthias, although hating the situation for less then obvious reasons was happy that Leon didn't mind to stay for Emil.

"I, I found this outside. I wanted to return it but then-" Emil stopped unable to continue. Matthias didn't want to press him. Instead he nodded "Ja? What is it?"

A small container was placed in front of him. His breath hitched as he felt the tears form. "The ring. You found it?"

"Outside." whispered the teenager "You threw it away."

It wasn't a question. Matthias only nodded too scared to reach out to the velvet box. "He said we'd never get together. I gave up."

Emil took a deep rigid breath. "He always wanted you. L-He loved you. That's why before, before-" soft crying came. Only then did Matthias turn to pull him into an embrace just as he did with his brother every time he was upset or was simply in a bad mood. "Hej. Don't think about it." Now his own voice was cracking. Never would he go on another plane. Never. "I want him back! Why does everyone else get their storebror but me!"

The Dane stayed silent letting him vent. "All of Arthur's siblings have him! Moldova has Romania! Belarus has Russia! Canada has France! niðurgangur grínast API bolti Germany even has Prussia and his nation has been dead since forty seven! Norway is still a country so why isn't my storebror here!"

(diarrhea shitting monkey ball.)

"I don't know." whispered Matthias "I wish it was fair. I wish he were here. It's unfair."

They stood like that for fourteen minutes, Matthias silently crying while Emil sniffled. Slowly the Dane pulled away. "Emil. I know we aren't blood. Never will I be," he paused. Neither could say his name. "But I have always thought of you as a brother. Please know I am here for you."

Iceland forced himself to make a small laugh. At Least Matthias was trying. "You've only ever thought of me as a brother-in-law." Matthias had a small sad chuckle and did a small shrug "Maybe. But I still care for you and your well being."

"Thanks." Emil paused "You know, when I was younger I hated your guts."

Matthias cocked a brow. If it wasn't for a fact that he just died he would've laughed and retorted with some sort of comment. Emil rubbed his eyes removing some tears before explaining. "All he talked about was you. You always got his attention. I thought he would forget me. Then Berwald got him and you seemed to make no attempt to get him. I know you made the deal now. But then, I didn't know."

"It's okay Icey."

"Yo." came the only Asian in the house's voice. Emil turned giving his boyfriend a small smile which lasted for a second, but it was a second longer than any other smiles. "Hej."

After the boys got some snacks they left and played a movie upstairs mostly keeping to themselves besides trying to keep the food away from the boys. Emil knew how sneaky they were and he wasn't going to fight about something important to him again. It was his licorice and he wanted to share it with his boyfriend fine, but he did not agree to the mini-devils stealing it. "Little thieves."

Leon shrugged just glad that Emil seemed to be a least slightly more stable after talking to Denmark. Of course, no one could read that from his face as per usual. That was probably why he liked Emil so much, everyone always said they were hard to read but to each other, they were open books. Although he did find Emil grew flustered easy and it was obvious to everyone when he was. "Takk Leon."

"For?" his gaze flickered to the ashen blond.

"Staying."

He shrugged again and pulled Emil closer. "I couldn't think what else I would do."

"Go home. Spend time with family. Paperwork."

"Such a pessimist."

Everyone stayed to themselves. Tino and Berwald were together doing paperwork but that was all. It's been that way since the news of the crash the previous night. Although they all agreed that as soon as the meeting was starting they would go to the living room It was them who would have to tell the world Lukas died.

How they were going to, they weren't sure of yet however it was agreed that Tino or Berwald would be the one to announce it. Most likely Tino since many other personifications couldn't understand Berwald's accent. Normally it would've been family but it was obvious Emil wasn't prepared to announce that his storebror died a death that he should've been immortal from. Next would be Matthias but as soon as he heard the name his body became rigid and his tongue would freeze making it only reasonable that the other half of the Nordic four declare it.

Tino was the one who checked the time. He rounded every habitant to the living room. Five minutes to twelve. Time to declare the death of the kingdom of Norway.