Chapter 55. Caesar

"I'll let you know
That all this time I've been afraid
Won't let it show"-"Battle Cry" by Imagine Dragons

Warning: Some light cursing in this chapter so if you don't like that, skip ahead.

    *Meanwhile Back At the Forest*
                        Carla POV
     The first safest place that I could think of that's away from all that crazyness was the forest.
     Valentine was a bit skeptical at first but I managed to convince her.
      "Why are we even here anyways?" Valentine asked.
     "Because. I live here." I said.
     "You live here?" Valentine asked. She must think I'm weird now or something.
     "It's a long story." I simply answered.
     "Would you mind telling me it?" Valentine asked.
     "I'm not really comfortable with telling my past.. Especially when it comes to the Simian Flu Epidemic." I said.
     "Ah, alright. Sorry." Valentine said.
     "It's fine." I said.
     We eventually made it to my tree house.
     "Well. Whatdya think?" I asked.
     Valentine looked up. "Looks nice. Mind if I see the inside?" She asked.
     "Sure!" I said. I put the gun strap on so the gun was on my back. I climbed up. Valentine did the same.
     We eventually made it to the front door.
     "So. If you've lived up here for quite a while, then how have you never noticed the apes?" Valentine asked.
     I shrugged. "I dunno. I guess they must be farther out from where I live." I said.
     Valentine nodded.
     We went inside.
     "Wow. Nice place ya got there. Looks like a small apartment could easily fit here." Valentine said.
     I smiled. "Thanks. Took me forever." I said.
     Valentine's jaw dropped. "You built this yourself?!" She asked, clearly amazed.
     "Oh, yeah. My uncle and I would always invent things. He was amazing at it. His job was engineering. But he loved to build tree houses for all of our family members. He built one that suprisingly held all of us in one room. It was great. I guess I must've taken that inspiration from him." I said and smiled proudly.
     "And yet I thought you didn't like to talk about your past." Valentine said.
     "Like I said. Only when it comes to the Simian Flu. This was long before the Flu." I said.
     Valentine nodded. "But still. This is amazing." She said.
     I giggled. "Thanks." I said.
     "What are we here for anyways?" Valentine asked.
     "I just wanted to stop by and get some supplies." I said. I suddenly remembered I left my bag at the ape colony.
     "Oh yeah. I left my bag back at the ape colony. Well shit." I said.
     Valentine sighed. She sat down.
     "We should just stay here and wait this out." She suggested.
     "No! We have to find Caesar!" I said, I suddenly felt worried for him for some reason.
     "Who now?" Valentine asked.
     "You know that ape we ran into earlier back at the city?" I asked.
     Valentine nodded.
     "His name is Blue Eyes. He's the son of the leader. The leader's name is Caesar." I explained.
     "Ohh." Valentine said and nodded.
     "Yeah." I said and nodded as well.
     "Well let's head on out then." Valentine said.
     I nodded and headed out of the tree house. Valentine followed behind me.
     Once we reached the ground, we started walking.

                    Narrator POV
     Meanwhile, the other humans were heading back towards the colony.
     "We must be getting close." Malcolm said.
     There was a tree stump in the way. Malcolm went in a different direction as well as Ellie and Alex.
     "I think I see it! It's down here!" Malcolm said.
     Ellie and Alex stopped when they saw a body. Alex panted. "Dad!" He said.
     Ellie took a step closer to the body. Alex backed up some, still panting.
     Ellie looked closer and realized it was the body of Caesar. He had a wound near his shoulder. He laid there lifeless.
     Alex stood next to Ellie. He had calmed down a bit now.
     They saw Caesar's eyes shift over to look at them.
     "Oh my God. Malcolm!" Ellie called out to Malcolm.

     They made it back to the car and carefully placed Caesar inside.
     "Ellie, help me." Malcolm said, while trying his best to place Caesar in.
     Ellie got inside the back with Caesar. She grabbed the nearest thing and used it to apply pressure on his wound.
     Caesar looked up at Ellie. Ellie placed a hand on his shoulder.
     "My...Son..." Caesar said.
     Ellie looked at him.
     "My... Family... Where?" Caesar managed to ask.
     Ellie looked at him. "I don't know." She said.
     Caesar only felt more worried for his family and the other apes now.
     "Try not to speak. You need to rest." Ellie said and nodded. She brought his hand up to the rag.
     "Hold." Ellie instructed him. She hopped out of the back.
     "He's lost a lot of blood." Ellie said to Malcolm and Alex.
     "Is he going to make it?" Alex asked.
     Malcolm looked over at Caesar. "I don't understand." He said. He looked back at Ellie. "Where did Carver get the gun?" He asked.
     "Why would he do this?" Malcolm asked.
     "Ape..." Caesar said.
     Malcolm looked at Caesar as well as Ellie and Alex.
     Malcolm stepped a bit closer to hear him better.
     "What?" Malcolm asked.
     "Ape...Did...This." Caesar said.
     Malcolm and the others took a few moments to process the information.
     Malcolm backed away a bit.
     "Get in the truck." He said.
     Neither of them hesitated and did so.

     Ellie got in the back, Alex sat in the passenger's seat and Malcolm got in the driver's seat.

A/N: Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Oh! Btw. I released a new book called Ask and Dare the Vocaloids. So check it out if any of you are interested.

-GravityFallsFTW896

960 words