Chapter 8. Power

"You see me standing but I'm dyin' on the floor"-"Stone Cold" by Demi Lovato

                    Narrarator POV
     The apes then headed back to the colony to discuss Carla's matter.

     While the apes were doing their own thing, Carla was in her hut, reading a book she found in her bag. 'I'm really bored.' She thought.

*Couldn't Come Up With Anything Else to Write So TimeSkip*

     "Everyone! Everyone, you have to calm down! Everybody!" Dreyfus yelled in attempt to calm down the panicked crowd of people. He then grabbed a bullhorn that was handed to him.
     "Everybody! Please! We're all immune! We're all immune, or we wouldn't still be here!" He said.
     "How did they find us?"
     "We found them." Dreyfus responded.
     "You knew they were out there!"
     "What if they come back?"
     "Yeah!" The crowd of people agreed.
     "If they come back- if they come back.. They'll be sorry they ever did! Now, this city may not have the man power it once did.. But it has the fire power. Those stock piles left behind.. By fema, the national guard, we have it all." Dreyfus said before speaking up again.
     "Look... I know why you're scared. I'm scared, too, believe me. But I recognize the trust you've all placed in me. We've been through hell together. But you all know what we're up against. We're almost out of fuel. Which means no more power... Which means we could slip back to the way things were. That dam up there was the answer. We had no idea they were up there, too." Dreyfus said.
     "So what do we do now?"
     "Yeah!" The crowd of people agreed.
     "We find another way... Because that power... Is not just about keeping the lights on. It's about giving us the tools... To reconnect to the rest of the world. To find out who else it out there... So we can start to rebuild... And reclaim... The world we lost." Dreyfus finished.
     Once he was done, he headed upstairs to where Malcolm was.
     "That was a great speech." Malcolm said.
     "There is no alternative power source. That dam is the only option. Well, then, we fight them. We're two weeks away from running out of fuel. Maybe three, tops." Dreyfus said.
     "I know." Malcolm said.
     "And once that happens... I won't be able to go out there with a bullhorn... And calm everybody down. We need that power to get the radio transmissitter working. It's our only chance of reaching the outside world. We have to find other survivors." Dreyfus said.
     "Yeah but there's not that many of us left. We can't afford any more casualties." Malcolm said.
     "We founded this place. You and I." Dreyfus said.
     "I know." Malcolm said.
     "On the idea that power would lead us back to the life we once had. If we can't survive.. If we can't stick together, maybe we can't survive." Dreyfus said.
     "I lost everything. The idea of losing what little I have is..." Malcolm said.
     "I want to go back up there. Listen to me. Give me three days. Let me talk to him. If it doesn't work, then we do it your way." Malcolm said.
     "And what if it back fires? What if he gets violent? I mean, how do you know that he'll even understand you?" Dreyfus asked.
     Malcolm showed him the bag that Alex dropped.
     "He's more than just an ape. I'm gonna take some men up to Fort Point. I'm gonna go through the amory. I'm gonna see what's working." Malcolm said.
     "Three days. If you're not back in three days... We're going up there, and we're gonna kill every last one of them." Dreyfus said

A/N: Hope you liked that chapter!

-GravityFallsFTW896

622 words