Chapter 42. Memory pt. 2

"Make you cough cough that's Bronchitis"-"GDFR" by Flo Rida

Warning: Some swearing in here. Don't like, then skip ahead.

                       Carla POV
     15 year old me. I started 9th grade a bit late because I was in quarentine for the summer.
     I know. Fun, right?
     I wasn't infected or anything. They were just monitoring me very closely.
     I was bored out of my mind in there.
     Luckily, they let me out on some days. But I was told to come right back though.
     Quarentine was my home for those 3 months.
     As much as I hate to admit it, I was starting to get used to it.
     But within these months, I've discovered that my cousins on both sides of the family had gotten infected.
     My mom and dad? They both died.
     My life started to feel empty without those I love. But you eventually get used to the lonelyness.

     Flash forward a year.

     16 years old, Sophomore year. Miserable and lonely as fuck. The only thing that kept me company through all of this was my dog.
     I had rescued him a few years back when I was in Middle School. I named him Bren. After my friend that died.
     In speaking of friends, most of them are going to be gone.
     I sighed.
     I turned on the TV.
     "Breaking news. 100 and more people dead after what seems like a mass murder. People are calling it. The Simian Anarchy. This was done by a group of people who had reportedly broke out of a mental hospital. They had killed dozens of people. Weapons are ranging from grenades, guns, bombs, and more. The suspects have not been identified but they are dangerously armed. Police are conducting a state wide search and are urging people to call 911 in case you come across them. DO NOT. And I repeat. DO NOT try to kill them. They are dangerously armed. This has been Anne Ware with the latest news." She said. The news then cut to the latest on the Simian Flu.
     I sighed and got up to get some food.
     I had been thinking of dyeing my hair brown.
     My blonde hair would just remind me of all the pain and suffering I've gone through over these past years.
     I shrugged and ate some leftovers. If fed some to Bren.
     He took it from my hand with his mouth and ate it.
     I smiled and patted his head while I sat down on the couch and went on my phone.

     Flash forward 2 years.

     18 years old and I'm supposed to be a Senior in High School by now but because of the Simian Flu, that became impossible.
     But luckily, I had no school so that's good.
     My dog who was basically my only friend, died during this Anarchy. I was devastated of course. He was the only thing I could rely on during all of these years.
     I turned on the TV.
     "Martial Law has been declared in all countries including the U.S. and Canada." The news reporter said.
     'So. It's gone to this point, huh?' I thought and sighed.

     I laid down and closed my eyes.

A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I know these past few chapters were kind of all over the place but we're getting back in business with the movie's story in the next chapter.

-GravityFallsFTW896

564 words