Chapter 43. Present Day

"Sleep when we're dead
Live like we're invincible"-"Young and Relentless" by Against the Current

Warning: Some light swearing ahead so skip now if you don't like that stuff.

                      Narrator POV
     The humans were already leaving the forest before the apes started to.
     While they were running, Ellie must've tripped on something and fell.
     Alex noticed and called out to her.
     "Ellie! Ellie!" Alex said, he helped her get back up as well as Malcolm.
     They had found a safe place to hide under.
     The apes were getting closer.
     They all stayed silent while the apes headed over them.

            *Meanwhile With Carla*
                       Carla's POV
     My eyes slowly opened.
     I saw that I was outside and there was a building in front of me.
     My eyes adjusted to the lighting. It was dark outside so I'm guessing it's night time.
     I tried to move freely but I couldn't.
     I felt something tied around my hands.
     I realized it was rope. I also tried ti move my legs freely. I couldn't.
     This damn rope.
     'Where'd the apes get this anyways? Did they have it this whole time?' I thought.
     That didn't matter at the moment.
     I needed to find a way to contact someone.

     I saw someone running by. I didn't call out to them. They looker like they were too focused on running from something.
     But to my luck, their phone had dropped from out of their pocket.
     'Score!' I thought.
     I jumped and squeaked a bit when I heard gunshots.
     A bullet had cut through one of the ropes that held my feet together.
     Once the sound of the gunshots were clear and the ape had passed by, I reached out with my legs to try to get the phone.
     I was not so far away from it so I was able to reach it.
     'Shit. How am I going to text or call someone if my hands are tied up?' I thought.
     I couldn't think of a way to get fully free so I had no other choice but to wiggle one of my hands free and reach for it.
     I got the phone and opened the contacts.
     I scrolled through the names.
     I eventually saw someone named Dreyfus.
     'Isn't he the guy that runs the survival shelter nearby?' I thought.
     His name looked familiar.
     I think I remember one of my Aunts mentioning him a few times in my life.
     They worked together before and during the flu.
     I opened up the contact and began typing the message. 

     'Hey this is Carla Marie Shia. You probably don't know me and that's fine. How I got your contact info? No time to explain.
     Listen. I'm tied up to a pole. I don't know where I am though. You need to help me! Trace this number's location if you need to.
    Anything will do to help you find me.
    I'll explain more later! Send help!-Carla

     I finished typing and sent the message. I wasn't sure if it was going to send but it was worth a try.
     I put the phone down and locked it.
     I slipped my hand back in the rope so those apes won't be suspicious of me if they come back.

     All I do now is wait.

A/N: Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that chapter!

-GravityFallsFTW896

552 words