Prolouge

"Run for cover. My sense of fear is running thin."- "Fallen" by Imagine Dragons

                        Carla POV
     The Simian Flu. The virus that was talked about through most of my High School Years. It took away my family along with most of my friends.
     Granted, I do not blame the apes for the disease just because it's called 'The Simian Flu'. I'm not the type to jump to conclusions. With the amount of research I've done, the disease was traced back to a lab called Gen-Sys. It's proper name was the ALZ-112 and the ALZ-113. A drug that was supposed to cure Alzheimer's Disease.
     I find this quite funny because one of my cousins knew someone who worked at Gen-Sys before the outbreak.
     Anyways. An introduction to myself seems proper at the moment. I was born in 2009. My full name is Carla Marie Shia.
     Skip to 2014, 5 years old, I started Pre-School. In 2015, I was 6 and started Kindergarden. Skip ahead to 2020, 11 years old. 5th grade. My brother started to show signs of the Simian Flu so he was quarentined and died later that year.
     2023. 14 years old, 8th grade. The Simian Flu started to become a bit more serious.

     In 2024, I was 15 years old. Started Freshman year. Only had 3 more years of school left. Turns out, my parents were the next victims of the Simian Flu. My mom was the first to catch it and the first to die from it. My dad died early 2025. I was also put into quarentine just so they can confirm I didn't get it.
     Speaking of the year 2025, I was 16 years old. Sophomore. Only 2 years left of school.
     My cousins were also targeted by the Simian Flu.
     By 2027, I was 18 years old. I was supposed to be a Senior but thanks to the flu, I wasn't one. My dog died during the Anarchy. Martial Law was also declared. I stayed inside my house to avoid the chaos. Occassionally, I went to some nearby stores for supplies.
     And now, here in present day, I was supposed to be graduated. Living  happy life. But thanks to the damn flu, I don't have that life. I'm alone, and scared.

     But it seems like I'm not the only survior that's out there.

A/N: Hey guys! It feels so weird updating again XD. Let me know what you think about this so far. Oh yeah, did I mention there was going to be some language in here? I don't think I did. But now you have a heads up. Lol. And totally unrelated question. Has anyone here seen the new DuckTales yet?

-GravityFallsFTW896

(455 words)