Chapter 33 Thorn!

Rose's POV~
I sit by my brother, forcing myself to stay awake. Ember~San says that I should take a break, to eat and sleep.... But I can't think of myself right now, because I have to do this. Suddenly the door opens and a girl that is short with long indigo hair walks in. I remember seeing her when that group from Fairy Tail came to check on Natsu~Kun. "Hi, I'm Wendy. Lucy~San sent me in to help you." The girl, Wendy, says as she lets herself in while closing the door behind her. She sits next to me which makes me figit a bit. It's been so long since I've been close to someone near my age that isn't my brother or Lilly. I look at her with a silent question, hoping she understands what I'm asking. "I'm the Sky Dragon slayer from Fairy Tail, my magic is used mostly for defense magic. Which means I can heal others, not myself though." Wendy says as she uses her magic to start healing Hunter. Her magic seems more powerful then mine, magic the air have a good feeling that made my energy increase. "I hope you don't mind but I also replenished you magic power, it was very low." Wendy says as if this was an everyday occurrence. I sit there for a few minutes before opening my mouth then closing it quickly, "T- Thank you.." I say shyly in my timid and not very noticeable voice. I expect her to not hear me, that I am invisible to her like the rest of the world but she actually looks at me and smiles. "It's nothing! You have a nice voice!" She compliments me. A few more minutes pass and I can see that my brother is already looking better, more at ease. "You should go take care of yourself, he would want you to take care of yourself." Wendy says kindly. I think it over, he would want me to be in good shape but I want to be by his side when he wakes up.... If I hurry and take care of myself then I could come back here and be by his side....

So I nod and leave my brother to be healed by another

No One's POV~
After about an hour Rose was back to Thorn's side, only sleeping this time. She had taken a shower, eaten, and had met the rest of the members of Fairy Tail that came to help. They had all looked at Rose with sympathy, it made Rose feel uncomfortable to be looked at so much. She was used to being in the shadows and hiding behind others. But luckily it wasn't many who were still here, the others had went to do the things they were asked of. But as the day rolled on and night came many fell asleep. And Rose insisted on letting Wendy sleep a bit since she was back to full health. So now everyone was asleep.... Well almost.

In the late hours of the night Lucy woke up in a cold sweat. Her nightmares had become more and more frequent and severe, but she never told a soul. She sneaked out of the house through her window, making sure not to make any noise as to not wake Natsu or Happy. Unfortunately she did wake Natsu up, but he let her have some time to herself.

Lucy walked to the lake by herself, she went there so she could let her gaurd down. It had been up all day and she needed a break. So when she got to the lake all she did was sit by it. She looked up to the stars and the moon, hoping and praying that Thorn would wake up soon and Lilly would be ok..... But Lucy knew that the idea was childish, her hopes and dreams had been smashed long ago. Sure she had started to forgive Natsu and all of Fairy Tail, but she couldn't forget the pain they caused her for years. So she did the only thing she could think of..... She sang...

Little do you know I'm breaking while you fall asleep... Little do you know I'm still haunted by the memories....
Little do you know I'm trying to pick myself up, piece by piece...
Little do you know I.... Need a luttle more time

She stopped to breath and stand up to look around to make sure she was alone, she was.... As usual...

Underneath it all I'm held captive by the hole inside, I've been holding back for the feeling might change your mind...
I'm ready to forgive you, but forgetting is a harder fight....
Little to you I- need a little more time....

That was when Lucy finally gave into her emotions, breaking down into tears qnd remembering all of the pain she has felt. That betrayal of trust when she was replaced by Lisanna.... Why did they do that if they truly cared for her? Why would they do that if they were her family? Her thoughts became bitter from hurt but she knew they weren't the problem... It was always Lucy that was the problem....

Back at the house Thorn was becoming better every second. Rose was determined to have him awake by morning, but what she didn't expect was when Thorn woke up. His eyes flew open and his breathing quickened. He got up quickly and attacked Rose with all his strength. Rose barely had time to shield herself before she went flying across the room and hit the wall hard. This made the door open to show Ember, still in her pajamas, who was woken up in the camotion. "Thorn!" She called but her voice didn't seem to reach him. Ember stepped in and started to fight him, protecting the unconscious Rose. All of the noise woke up everyone else and everyone had to watch in horror as Thorn used a blue energy to make weapons to attack Ember with. Ember barely dodged when he created a battle axe and threw at her.
Before anyone knew what was happening a blue shield was created around Thorn. Rose had woken up and was using her magic to contain him. But because Rose was weak from being attacked Thorn was able to start smashing the shield and cracking it. With tears in her eyes Rose used her magic and clapped her hands, making the shield that was surrounding Thorn cave in and knock him out from the pressure. The attack created such a great amount of wind that it moved Rose's hair so both of her eyes were showing. Everyone briefly saw a large scar going down her left eye, that was blind. Ember caught Thorn as he fell but everyone looked at Rose in great shock. The so called girl struggled to stand, her back had been hurt because of the impact from being thrown. Wendy rushed to her to heal the struggling girl, but when she tried to heal her Rose stopped her. She shook her head and motioned for Wendy to heal her brother instead of her. Wendy, not wanting to leave the poor girl, helped her to her room so she could lay down and be ok....

~✴~
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I used a part of the song 'Little Do You Know' I might use the rest later in the series! But that's just a thought. If you didn't know, or haven't checked it out, I have started writing a new story. It's called 'The Day That Changed Everything' and is one of the reasons why I haven't been posting very much on Broken. But now that a chapter of that story is out I can shift my focus on both! Now I'm rambling so I hope you all have a wonderful day or night wherever you are in the world!
Bye my little Demon's 😉