Emotionally Unattached: Part 2

Lauren was sitting on the couch next to Normani nervously playing with her fingers as they watched a movie. She made sure to keep just enough distance between her and Normani.

"Baby come cuddle with me." Normani said as she held her arms open.

Lauren looked at her with a confused look on her face "are you sure? Won't that be too clingy?" She asked.

Normani shook her head "nope. In fact it would actually be quite lovely." She said with a bright smile.

Lauren blushed as she scooted closer to the dark skinned girl. With a shaky breath she gently wrapped her arms around Normani's waist and cuddled into her side.

Has they were cuddled together Normani could feel how tense Lauren was and it concerned her. Moving away Normani looked down at the girl "LoLo are you ok? You seem very tense." She said.

Lauren nodded "of course I'm ok! I'm very ok!" She exclaims. Normani frowned at her "Lauren do you not like cuddling? Is that it?" She asked.

"No I love cuddling!" Lauren squeaks.

"Lauren don't lie to me. Tell me the truth." Normani demanded.

Lauren sighs "fine. It's just I've never cuddled before. Julia didn't like it. She said that it made me clingy." She said sadly.

Normani wraps her arms around Lauren's waist and held her close "Lauren I'm not Julia. I love to cuddle! I love feeling your arms around me, holding me close. I love being close to you baby." She said honestly.

Lauren smiles softly as she snuggled into Normani as she hugs her waist tightly. Normani kissed the top of her head as she watched the movie.

*

Lauren was frozen in place as she stared at her ex girlfriend who was standing there in front of her. Lauren didn't know how to feel about this. She hadn't seen Julia since their break up almost a year ago and honestly she didn't know how to feel.

"Lauren I never thought I'd see you again." Julia says

Lauren shrugs "I wasn't really planning on seeing you ever." She mumbled.

Julia just laughed "so who's your friend?" She asked.

Lauren smiled at Normani "this is my girlfriend Normani." She answered.

For some reason the word girlfriend triggered Julia because Lauren wasn't supposed to move on. She was supposed to wait for her. Why didn't she wait.

"You really moved on?" She asked.

Lauren nodded "of course. We broke up Julia and the last thing you told me was Camila made you happier than I ever did." She muttered.

"We were together for years. Are you really going to throw it all away for a fling?" Julia spits angrily.

Lauren scuffed "that's what you did! You broke and shattered my heart into pieces just so you could go and date that Camila girl! You told me you cheated because I was too clingy! That I pry too much. So please don't seat here and call Mani a fling when she's help put the pieces back together that you shattered and left all over the place. She showed me what really love is and that it's ok to ask about your partners day, that's not prying or being clingy. So please don't call her a fling when she's the love of my life." She said passionately.

Julia frowned at the last sentence "I was hoping when I saw you again that we'd get back together. I'd apologize for being such a bitch to you and you'd take me back. I never thought in a million years that you'd move on. I thought you'd wait for me but you didn't. You found someone better and I have to live with that. Goodbye Lauren." Was the last thing she said before leaving.

Lauren signed as she turned to Normani who was smiling at her "why are you looking at me like that?" She asked.

Normani giggles "I just love you so much baby. So, so much." She says. Lauren blushed "and I love you too Mani." She said back.

Without saying anything Normani pulled Lauren in for a kiss. A kiss showing just how much she loves the girl. Lauren wasted no time doing the same thing and showing Normani just how she felt. Their relationship isn't perfect, it has its ups and downs but they know that they can make it. They love each other and that's all that matters to them.