Love Lies

Y/N knew that it was wrong to led Lauren on, but she needed the money and the only way to do that was to fake date Lauren for six months. Getting paid a thousand dollars a week was not something that she could pass up and with that amount of money she could provide for her family. She is doing what she has to do to survive.

"Baby do you think we could go out this evening?" Camila asked.

Y/N frowns "I'm sorry love but I am stuck going to the Jauregui family dinner tonight." She says. "I'm sorry."

Camila huffs "I am so sick of you always choosing that bitch over me! Why can't it just go back to being us." She cries.

Y/N frowned "baby I know but I only have three weeks of this left and then I can end it. Then it will be just you and I."

Camila looks up at her girlfriend "do you promise?" She asked with a small voice.

Y/N smiled at her and kissed her forehead "I promise baby. Just you and I."

*

Lauren was standing in her full length mirror looking at her reflection as she smoothed out the dress "does this look good?" She asked her girlfriend.

Y/N scuffed "are you trying to embarrass me?" She hissed, "go change into something that doesn't make you look fat."

Blinking back the tears in her eyes Lauren ran off to find something more flattering. The only thing she had was a very oversized sweater and a long skirt. Guess this would have to do.

Seeing the unshed tears in the girl's eyes made Y/N feel like shit, but she had to be mean so the break up wasn't so hard on Lauren.

"Is this better?" Lauren asked timidly.

Y/N rolls her eyes "well at least in that you won't embarrass me." She grumbled as she grabbed her keys and left.

Lauren's face fell because she just didn't understand why Y/N was being so mean to her recently. She tried asking what was wrong but got shut down and yelled at every time and she didn't understand why. Why was her girlfriend acting so cold towards her? What happened?

Sitting at the restaurant with her parents Lauren noticed how far away Y/N was from her, it was like she didn't want to be seen with her and that hurt.

"Baby are you ok?" Lauren asked.

"I'm fine. Now leave me alone." Y/N said sternly.

"Baby something is clearly wrong-"

"Oh my god! Lauren shut up and leave me alone!" Y/N snaps.

Lauren flinched but didn't say anything as she focused back on her food. This wasn't the dinner she envisioned. She thought that it would be fun and they would enjoy each other's company, but this was the complete opposite of that. This was a disaster!

*

Lauren was sitting on her couch watching a movie when the door opens and in walked her disheveled girlfriend. "Where were you?" She questions.

Y/N chuckles bitterly "oh wouldn't you like to know." She teased coldly as she made her way towards the kitchen.

Lauren shook her head as she marked her page and put her book down. "Uh I got my test results back," she began "they came back-"

"I really don't care Lauren. I have more important things to focus on than you stupid test results." Y/N spat as she cuts her off.

Swallowing the lump in her throat Lauren nods her head and turned back around. Biting softly on her lips Lauren had to stop herself from breaking down and crying. She didn't want Y/N to see her weak, that was the last thing she wanted.