Unconditionally Yours

Nova POV

Today has been... one of the best days in my whole life. The whole day has been amazing! I woke up feeling queasy, but Asia dragged me out of bed anyway. We had the ultimate girls day, massages, mani and pedi, shopping. All of that good stuff. I had a ton of fun.

When I finally got back home, I did not expect to come home to a house full of people, but I got to meet some of Leek's family. Not sure about how his sisters feel about me, but his mother was very welcoming to me. I thought it was gonna be hellah awkward, but it ended up being a great moment.

So then, after everyone ate and socialized, Leek stunned us all! He said that I could sing, but I sound like IceJJFish compared to him! The words were so heartfelt and... it was just incredible! But then he stunned me even more when he moved down to his knee. My eyes widened and I instantly put my hands over my heart.

"Nova, You know I love you from all the shit we have been through and everything  You haven't left my side one time. My bullshit you stayed and rode along through everything. You've been my rider and I swear with out you baby girl, My life would be incomplete. Would you do the honors of Completing me by being my wife"

He then opened the box and I could see the sparkle of the ring all the way from where I was standing.

All eyes were on me, so I just kinda froze up. Tommy then came over to me and grabbed one of my hands, walking me towards Leek. He was trying to walk fast, but I made him slow down.

"Nov you know you love him."

"I know, I do, but..."

"Fuck dad. If that's who you worried about then don't. Don't nobody needs his blessings, you got mine. Until you met Leek, you never really seemed happy anymore. You just went through the motions. You know, after what happened to... Mom. Never thought you'd be the same anymore, to be honest. I talk a lot of shit but i got mad respect for dude. He's the best for you, with his ol Elmo lookin' ass. Nah better yet, he look like... Bernie? Ernie? Whatever that yellow nigga on Sesame Street was."

Even when I'm nervous as hell, he can make me laugh.

I better remember this moment forever, because I doubt I'll hear Tommy be so heartfelt like this again. It's more to it than what he thinks though.

We made it over to Leek. Tommy kissed my cheek then smiled at me. "I love you big sister."

He then walked away and went to sit down by Laila.

I turned to face Leek with a nervous grin on my face.

"Leek.... I...."

"Nova what's wrong?" He asked, concern lacing his voice.

"Aww shit this nigga finna start cr..." Everyone's eyes shot over to Khali. Leek gave him the mic before he opened the ring box, and he just spoke into it.

"Oh, umm. My bad y'all." He put it down then folded his arms across his chest.

Everyone then turned their attention back to us.

"I.... Y.... This isn't exactly how I imagined telling you this, but... Umm, I...."

I looked over at Asia and she had a smile on her face.

"I found out that I was four weeks pregnant Malik."

"NIGGA WHAT?! Aww shit I th..." Again, everyone's eyes shot over to Khali. He didn't need the microphone that time.

"Damn my bad y'all." He smacked his teeth then put his hands in his pocket. "Can I be excited for my niece or nephew or nah?!"

He got a few laughs from everyone but I feel like he was being serious as hell.

"Nova, look at me." Leek said, gaining the attention back. He put his free hand on my belly. "I am so deeply in love with you. As I said earlier, you are the piece to complete me. I used to never want kids. And I used to never see myself settling down with one female. That was before I met you though. An addition or additions to our family just sounds like icing on the cake to me. So let me ask you again, would you do the honors of completing me and being my wife? Will you marry me Nova Luciette Crawford?"

Tears cascaded down my face as I stared into the eyes of the man that I am so deeply in love with.

"Yes Malik." Tears freely made their way down my face. "I will marry you."

Tommy hopped up on his feet and started clapping and cheering before Leek could even put the big, gorgeous ring on my finger. I guess I never really realized how much he loves me.

Everyone else followed suit, clapping and cheering for us as we sealed our engagement with a kiss.

Asia broke our kiss apart when she came over to congratulate us.

"You did good bro!" She said as she pat Leek on his back. He flinched up as if she was about to hit him or something.

"Yeah thanks." He mumbled before kissing me again. "Thank you for making me the happiest man on Earth."

I smiled and hugged him. "And thank you for making me the happiest woman in the whole wide universe."

"TOBIAS GET OVER HERE BOY!" His mom happily called him over. He embraced me for a few more seconds before letting go and walking away.

Asia grabbed my hand and stared at my ring. As she did so, I started crying all over again.

"Aww damnit Asia! What did you do to her? You know you have to be gentle with preggos. Speaking of which, I hope they got something you can take for them hormones cause, whoo! Thought this one was gon kill me." Khali said as he came over to us.

She smacked him upside the head while mugging him. He grabbed the back of his head acting like it hurt, but since he has so much hair I doubt it hurt too much.

"Go somewhere boy!"

"AMIR GET OVER HERE BOY!" His mother yelled across the yard.

"Good! Go, bye."

"Mhm, whateva. I'ma remember that tonight." He bit his lip and winked at Asia before walking away. Those two are a trip but I'm happy that they have each other. It's like they're kinda similar but they can still balance each other out.

"Nova what's wrong boo?" Asia asked as she rubbed my back.

"I just never expected for us to be at this point in our lives. Look at all that's happened over the course of a year and some months. We've both found the men that complete us. We have family and friends around us. Doesn't it all seem too good to be true?"

She laughed at me then pulled me into a hug.

"No it doesn't because what's meant to be, will be. It only gets better from her. Don't let those hormones ruin your night."

I really hope she's right.