Communication

Khali POV

Asia? In the hospital? Wow, I wonder why. Leek sounded serious as fuck, which is a rarity for his ass forreal.

Wonder why she in there though. I asked Leek but he wouldn't really say on the phone. He want me to go down.... well up there.

"Aye ma, can you watch Khalid for me?" I asked walking out to the backyard. She was out here tending to her garden.

"Boy I'ma have to start charging you daycare prices since that's what this house has become to you."

I know better to get smart with my mom.

"Yeah but I really need to go see what's going on. One of my friends is in the hospital." I don't know if I just lied to her or not, because I don't really know what the fuck Asia and I are suppose to be to each other.

"What friend is it?"

"Does that really matter?" I asked as I rubbed my face. She loves giving me a hard time, and she's been doing that a lot lately. I guess it's because of all my late nights. Even though I'm in the position I'm in that doesn't mean I can just sit back and relax. Still gotta put in work to keep shit goin.

"I guess it doesn't Mr.Smartass. Of course I'll watch my grand baby. That's what grandmothers do."

Oh my... A majority of this conversation was a complete waste of time. My mother really is something.

I walked over to her and kissed her cheek. "Love you ma. I'll be back in an hour or two."

I went back in the house and told Khalid what was up then I left. It took me like twenty minutes to get to the hospital.

When I made it into the hospital and found Nova and Leek in a waiting room, neither one of them would say anything.

Nova looked up at Leek with her eyebrow raised. "Aren't you going to tell him?"

"Hell naw man he be throwin bricks. What if he get mad?" He mumbled something to her then grabbed her by her waist and moved her in front of him. "Shit you throw bricks too, you talk to him."

"Punk." She mumbled before turning to me. She tried to smile. "Umm.. Well you see, Asia has been under a lot of stress."

I rubbed my chin, trying to figure out why someone would come to the hospital for that. I guess if it gets too bad it starts fucking with a person's health.

"Any average person would be able to manage it, maybe, but umm..." She started fidgeting with her fingers. She then shrugged her shoulders. "Fuck beating around the bush. We'll be standing here all night. Khali, she's pregnant. And she's only three months Khali."

For some reason I'm not even in shock or anything about this. I had a strange ass feeling about it once my mother started talking about fish. She's usually always right about that. She was right when Khalid's mom was pregnant with him too.

Damn. I don't really know how I should feel about it.

"Where is she? What room?"

"I'll take you to her room then Leek and I will give you some alone time."

We walked in silence to her room. When I put my hand to the door, Nova put her hand on mine.

"Please be gentle Khali. She's been through a lot lately."

"A'ight."

They walked away then I walked into Asia's room. As soon as her eyes connected with mine she got this aggravated look on her face.

"Who called you out here, and why did they?"

Nova JUST told me to 'be gentle' with her, but I get tired of her fucked up ass attitude. Guess she suppose to be upset with me because I told her like it was.

"Asia you can be mad with me all you fuckin want but who was the one who said we were gonna pretend like the shit never happened between us? Who said they didn't want anyone to ever know about what happened between us? You said that muthafuckin shit, not me. How you gon get mad at me when you was the first to just treat the situation like all we did was fuck? People swear up and down I'm just a mean ass nigga but I was just playing off of yo energy shawty."

She started looking at her hand and poking at the IV in her hand.

"I'm sorry Khali." Tears started falling from her face. "I didn't know what to say or what to do! I'm not that type of female but it doesn't matter because now look what happened!" She pulled back the blanket so I could see her small baby bump.

I walked over to her and sat next to her on the bed.

"You say that like it's the worst thing to ever happen to you."

She looked at me, then back down at her hands.

"I hate to say it... but it seems pretty bad right now. My sister pretty much disowned me because of this. She told me I was a bad influence on my niece and that she didn't want me to be around her. Even though Leek and Nova took me in, I still don't know what I'm going to do." More tears gushed out her eyes. "What if I don't graduate? What if I don't go off to college? What if my sister never forgives me?!"

Well that's some hypocritical ass shit! That's fucked up. How her sister gon kick her out when she had a child at a young age too? That's why I don't fuck with family like that. The only people I consider family is my mom, my son, and Malik. Other than that, fuck them other muthafuckas. Ideally, the people that a person is related to should want to see them do well, but oddly enough that just ain't the case in most families.

"Don't worry 'bout your sister. She'll end up needing you before you need her. Long as you got me, Nova, and Leek you gonna be alright. I already have a son and he lives with me, so I have no problem stepping up and raising my kids. Everything gonna work out some type of way, okay?"

"Okay Khali." She looked over at me with tears still sliding down her face. "I'm really sorry."

"Don't even sweat the small shit. Let's just move on, a'ight?"

"Okay Khali."