Make Up

Khali POV

"DADDY!"

"Hmm?" As soon as Asia started getting ready to leave, I took that time to lay down and ATTEMPT to get some rest. With a hype three year old, I don't even know why I tried it. He gave me a good five minutes to power nap before he woke me up.

"UP! UP! ME BORED. SHE JUST LEFT!"

Even though I'm kinda tired, what lil man says goes.

I sat up and helped Khalid get on the sofa with me. I noticed he had his untied shoes on, so that must mean we about to go somewhere. He's been really happy lately, which is good. I'm glad he accepted change so well, and I'm glad he likes Asia so much.

"Me bored. Let get Mommy an gift. Tink Tink an me got lots of gifts but not mommy."

"Mommy?" I asked with a smile on my face. That's the first time I've ever heard him call Asia that.

"Yeah, Mommy. Duhhh daddy."

"Oh, okay so you want to get mommy a push gift, huh?" It's a little odd how I know what it's called, but yeah... anyway...

"Okayyy if that's whatcha want to call it daddy." He said pointing down at his shoe strings.

"Let's do it together, okay? You do the left and I'll do the right."

He reached for the wrong foot at first, but then corrected himself when I cleared my throat. I went step by step so he could mimic me.

When we were done, I went up to my room to put on some shoes then we left the house. I There's already this one gift I got her that she doesn't know about, and it's in our daughter's nursery. I have the room locked so Asia couldn't get in and see what I did to the room. But anyway, the little gift is a blown up picture of her holding her nude belly and staring at it. On the bottom of the picture it has the simple quote, 'A mother's love is essential for the soul.'

I was already planning on getting Asia more things as well though. I had a certain thing in mind, but I didn't have a specific piece of information that I needed, which is the baby's name.

Before we got to the mall, I had to text Asia and ask her how to spell the baby's name. It's hellah different ways to spell Katelynn.

I let Khalid help pick out some things in a few stores, then we went into the jewelry store. I picked out a gold infinity necklace and told the cashier that I wanted it to be engraved. On the front, in the middle of the infinity symbol, I want Katelynn's name. On the back, I want the quote, 'A daughter is a mother's treasure.' I paid for it then gave the cashier my contact information for when the necklace is ready, then Khalid and I left the mall.

I don't get why it takes females so long to shop. Khalid and I finished in no time.

I sat in the driver's seat ready to start the car, but my phone started vibrating. I looked it and seen that I had an incoming call from an unknown number. Usually I wouldn't answer calls like this, but there's no telling who this could be.

I answered my phone as I left out the mall parking lot.

"Hey! Khali this is Asia's mother. Asia went into labor and we have her at the hospital. You need to get down here now!"

"Wait, what?!"

I looked at the phone and saw that she hung up.

"Shit!"

"Ooooooooooo! Khalid covered his mouth with one of his hands. " Daddy say bad word, Oooooooooooo."

"My bad lil man. But umm, your baby sister might be coming way sooner than we all thought."