Bad luck!

Nova POV

Faint whining involuntarily escaped my mouth as I lightly pat dry my bruised neck and busted lip. Last night when I was talking to Asia, my dad heard what I said. He obviously didn't like that shit and he tried his best to destroy me last night. If it wasn't for my brother knocking on my door, I'd probably be dead right now. That's just how upset he was with me.

The threat he screamed at me made me regret telling Asia about what happened to me. He told me I'd really be dead like I already should have been if it gets out that he beats me. I believe him a hundred percent too!

I walked out of my bathroom and over to my bed to put on the dress I had laying on it. I went over to my mirror and looked at it. I must have grown some, because the dress doesn't fully cover the long, hideous scar on my leg from when I was in the car accident. I only wear dresses if their long enough to cover it, and I don't show my legs much anyway unless I'm at home chilling in my room. I used to be all into wearing bathing suits, shorts, short dresses, and things like that.

I took it off then went into my closet to change. I put on some black harem pants, a black camisole, a coral long sleeved sheer shirt, and some black and white pumps. Some bitches be stumbling around in heels trying to be cute for them niggas at school. Fuck all that. I don't dress up for niggas. I dress how I want to dress for myself. I'm hoping I at least look the part cause I sho hell don't feel up to par.

I went over to my dresser and grabbed my cheetah print makeup bag. My dad made me wear some shades and a scarf last night and he forced me to go to the Mac store with the pregnant bitch so I could get some makeup. I told him I had some already but he still forced me to go. Mac might be expensive, but it's high quality makeup. Any girl would be happy to go on a shopping spree in Mac, but I don't like having to wear it. I like wearing it only if I want to.

I took about ten minutes putting on my face then I sprayed on some perfume and finished in the bathroom. I'm hoping I look good enough so that people won't be able to tell wassup.

I grabbed my black book bag then went over to my desk to put all my school shit in my bag. I grabbed my black and gold Michael Kors purse on the way out my room.

"You ready to go?" I asked my brother as I walked down the stairs and in the kitchen. Roach was sitting at the table with a painful expression on her face but I don't give a fuck. That baby probably wanna pop out that evil bitch.

"Nova you have to take me to the hospital." She said sounding like she in pain. Don't give a fuck about that either. She didn't give a fuck when I was laying on the ground with my dad on top of me. She just laughed as he wailed on my ass.

"You pregnant not disabled. You better drive yo damn self! My pops told me to take my ass to school today so I'm finna take my ass to school."

She could pop the baby out right in that damn chair for all I care.

"Come on bro."

He got up and followed me out to my black and chrome Audi. The drive to his school was silent. He didn't want to talk and neither did I.

"Have a good day big head." I said trying to kiss him. I want to make sure in as normal around him as possible because he don't need to be worrying about me. He just a kid and he don't need no stressing or none of that.

He put his hand up to block me. "Eww Nov. Not in front of my school. Later flat foot." He hoped out the car then went into the school.

I left the school bumping my music. I didn't play it while he was in here because he likes to mess with my damn radio too much.

I sung along with Jhené Aiko all the way to school. I especially got into her song Drinking & Driving

Anything, anything, anything anything to feel alive