Please

Khali POV

When I got a text from Asia at three something in the morning, I knew something was wrong. I had a weird feeling when I woke up, and plus she'd never text me this early in the morning.

I thought maybe something was wrong with the baby or something, but when I read that text from Asia... man... My first reaction was to do something I hadn't done since I was a fuckin kid, cry.

Malik Tobias McCoy. I... He... That's my muthafuckin family. A last name couldn't make us no closer. Blood couldn't make us no closer. That's my brother. We been knowin each other all our lives. We've had our ups and downs, but we still managed to rise above it all. Together. So here I am thinking that we've reached a point in our lives where we could finally start doing normal shit like get in relationships and have kids and shit. Ya know, livin. Don't know why the fuck I thought we could have peace in our lives though. We on top, of course it's hellah niggas out there waiting for us to fall. Some of them niggas even willing to try and take us out themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if one of our own niggas pulled this shit. Everyone a muthafuckin suspect at this point. I won't put nothin past no one. We all gotta die some day, but I can't lose Leek. Not this way. Not this soon. He got his whole life ahead of him. Just thinking about losing him fucks with my head. This shit might come off as corny, but I feel a part of me would die of he did.

I feel a muthafuckin killing spree comin on. Whoever did this shit to my boy will not get away with it. I'ma find 'em, and when I find 'em, I'ma empty a whole clip in 'em and I'ma chop they gotdamn head off. Nobody finna harm any of the people I care about and get away with it that shit. Fuck. That.

I can't help but guilt trip though. I left like two hours before this shit happened to him. I was tired as fuck, but I shoulda stayed with him at the trap. Whoever did it must have been keepin an eye on the trap. Otherwise, how would they have known exactly when to attack him. And why didn't they do it to me when I left? I'd rather be the one on the operation table, fighting for my life.

"Khali are you okay?" Asia asked as she came over to me and sat beside me. I looked back to see Nova spread across three seats with her eyes closed. I'm glad she fell asleep because home girl made herself sick as fuck with all that crying. She feels so bad because she feel like this is her fault when really, it's all my fault.

I would say something fucked up towards her dumb ass question, but she just tryna be here for me. I don't think she'd be 'okay' if something like this happened to a person she loves. I don't know how I've sat still all this damn time. We've been out here for at least seven hours and nobody ain't told us shit. That's seven fucking hours. That's four hundred and twenty minutes. That's... like... man I don't know. Too fucking long! Each second of waiting is pure torture.

"Everything will be okay." Asia said as she put her arms around me. "Leek will be fine. He has to be. He has so much left to do. He has to graduate. He has to hold his little niece in his arms. He has to marry Nova and they have to have kids. He and Tommy have to talk shit to each other some more. It isn't over." Tears splashed out all over her cheeks. I made her sit in my lap and lay her head on my shoulder so I could hold her. I got all my crying out the way, now I gotta man up and be here for my people.

We stayed that way for a while, until Tommy started tapping my shoulder to wake me up. Didn't even realize I fell asleep.

"Aye Khali, the doctor wants to talk to us."

I opened my eyes and looked over to the pale white man in blue scrubs.

"Aye hold up."

I got up and laid Asia where I was sitting then I woke up Nova so she could hear what the doctor had to say.