How long will it last

Khali POV

"Boy where the hell have you been?!" My mom asked as I came into the living room. Her and Khalid were on the sofa looking at some show. He looked like he either just went to sleep or was about to go to sleep.

"I just woke up not too long ago." I said telling the truth. I really did. I woke up with a nasty ass headache so I just rolled my ass over and started snoring again. As bad as my headache was I wouldn't have been no good to nobody.

"Why is that?"

"Uh, I was tired?"

I went over to her and kissed her cheek then sat beside her. I laid Khalid in my lap and he shut his eyes. Lil man tired in the middle of the day? This ain't like him, he must've stayed up late last night or something.

"Why were you so tired?" She poked my cheek with a stern look on her face. "And you better not say anything smart to me or lie to me Khali."

I'd be dumb, crazy, and stupid to tell her what really happened last night. What kind of dude could look his mom in the face and say he randomly got drunk and randomly fucked a random female. Well, shawty wasn't just any female. Damn. Had a nigga puttin in hellah work a... Ugh, I'm holding my son and sitting next to my mother. What the fuck is wrong with me?

"Khali Amir Graham! I'm serious boy!"

"Yeah. I know." I deeply exhaled. "I lost track of time last night when I was at Malik's house. We ended up staying up all night, hence why I just woke up so late in the day."

I guess it wasn't a complete lie. I really was over Malik's place. I didn't specify who 'we' were. Hope she doesn't ask.

She folded her arms across her chest then looked away from me. I'm sure she didn't believe a word I just said.

"Ma don't be like that."

"Like what Khali? Don't tell me what to be like! You don't understand how I feel. I worry about you every time you leave out my front door. The life you live isn't the life I wanted for you. Not for you and not for Kai. You know wh-"

"Yeah ma, I don't want to talk about that. I think I'ma go."

She would bring up my older brother to completely fuck up my mood. I felt a lecture coming on and she sure hell delivered one. We were on different ends of the game, I don't want us to get compared. We can't be compared. He was a selfish muthafucka who got fucked up on that shit. He crossed the wrong nigga and he was a done deal. I'm a muthafucka who just wanna provide for his mom and his son. Somebody had to step up and do it. She complaining now but not when I drop a stack in her hand so she can buy groceries and shit for the house. The house that I paid for. She made sacrifices for me while I was growing up, now I'm making them for her.

I got up and shifted Khalid in my arms so his head would rest against my shoulder.

My mom got up with a frown on her face. She looked as if she l was on the verge of tears. She put her hand on my arm before I could walk away.

"Son I don't want you mad with me. I also don't mean to nag you all the time baby, I ju-"

"Nah ma. I can understand where you comin from. I'll see you in the morning though."

She walked me to the door and watched me put Khalid in my car. I waved at her before getting in and leaving her house. Khalid tired. I'm tired. Looks like the rest of the day gone be a chill day.

Nova POV

"LEEK! Get up!" I said as I walked into his room. He didn't even budge so I finished rope braiding my hair to the side then I hopped on the bed.