Falling Apart

Nova POV

As I jogged around the track, someone came up on the side of me. I was one of the last people to start, so I expected everyone to be finished by now.

"Hey sexy."

My head quickly turned to my right to see Ethan beside me. I rolled my eyes then looked straight forward. Between Leek constantly flirting with these bitches at this school and Ethan bothering me, I can't have no fucking peace at this school for the past few days. I didn't even realize he had gym the same period as me. He must be in the weight training class or something. That would explain how he finds me at my locker after gym everyday though. I really need to start paying more attention to my surroundings.

"Why are you so uptight babe?"

"Why can't you take the hint that you need to leave me alone, dumb ass. Quit calling me that, I told you we've been over with. You never loved me or cared about me. You cheated on me and left me lonely far too many times."

We just kept on jogging for a few seconds in silence before he decided to speak again.

"I'll give you a deal. With this next coming up lap, if you beat me, I'll leave you alone for good."

With the little petty threat he said the other day, I highly doubt I'll be left alone by his obnoxious ass. He would not give up so easily. Only reason I'll do it is because I know I need the exercise.

"Whatever. Are we gonna stop and then start or are we gonna just keep going?"

"Let's stop."

We got to the start of the track then stopped. He needed to take a break, but I was ready to go.

When we were about to go, we were stopped by one of the coaches. I didn't even realize that pretty much everyone was watching us. I don't know why though, it's not abnormal for two students to lag behind everybody else. Usually it's the two plus sized beauties in the class but not today.

"What are you two doing?" He asked with a smile on his face. My coach, the female coach, also made her way over to us.

"We made a bet Coach Bell and Coach Turner. Whoever gets back her the quickest gets to kiss the other one." Ethan said as he licked his lips.

I started fidgeting with my fingers and biting the inside of my jaw to trying my best to contain my my anger. I'm not trying to get written up for profanity or for beating a dude's ass. He stupid though. He'll never kiss my lips again. Not if I got anything to say about it! Ugh he disgusts me so much.

"That's not what the bet is about."

"Oh, sure it isn't." Coach Bell said as she laughed.

"Alright well let's get this unofficial race started." Coach Turner said. We both got in position. He was all on the ground and shit but I was just standing there. "On your mark, get set, go!"

Before he got the 'go' out, Ethan had already took off. I hurriedly started running after him. He had gotten halfway down the track when I started to panic. I started swinging my arms and stepping faster and faster. Before I knew it, I passed him!

I started jumping up and down and cheering with the others as soon as I made it to the finish line. Muthafucka tried to cheat and I still won.

"Crawford I have never seen such a comeback like that before! Why haven't you been on my track team these past four years?!" Coach Bell asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, not sure how to answer that politely. Apparently I wasn't interested. That's why.

Ethan came running over towards me with a frown on his face. "Best two out of three?" He asked, trying to catch his breath. As skinny as he is, he out here wheezing like he just ran a 25k or some shit.