Back Home

"Mom.. please.. I don't wanna go. Please let me stay. This is my home."

"Jimin, Korea is your home. I already sent you your plane ticket, check your flight schedule. I'll pick you up in the airport. Please don't argue anymore, I'm so sick of it. This will be my last call to you regarding this topic." Jimin heard her hung up the phone and this is his first time to hear his mom so furious of him.

For a week now, this is the usual conversation between Jimin and her mom. All of a sudden, she wanted him to continue his studies in Korea and stay there for good with her.

He doesn't know why she changed her mind, because as far as he remembers, she agreed that Jimin could finish his studies here in America before going back to Korea, which according to her, is his HOME.

Her mom is always telling him that Korea is his home, but no matter how hard he tried, he can't find memories of Korea in him.

What he has now were memories here in America. His friends, his part-time job, the places, the foods and everything. This is his home, where his heart already belong.

As a matter of fact, Jimin hardly speaks Korean and he's fluent in English.  He loves pizza and not kimchi, he like BBQ and not sushi, he drinks beer and not soju. Jimin was wondering how will he be able to survive in a foreign land again.

It completely sadden him thinking that he's going to leave this country all of a sudden.  Jimin picked up the envelop that arrived yesterday, it's still unopened resting on his study table. He doesn't have the desire to even peek on its content.

Unwillingly, Jimin opened the envelope and looked at the content, what he saw inside was the schedule of his flight and his plane ticket. He also saw a copy of his class schedule at Seoul University. He was enrolled already in the College of Arts.

Jimin let out a deep sigh. He doesn't know how he feels right now. His head is running through a lot of thoughts, and its giving him headaches already.

Then suddenly, Jimin recalled the day he woke up from his unconscious state. He was so scared and confused at that time. He knows nothing, everything was new to him, and it took him a lot of hardship to cope with life here in America, that's why he can't imagine that he will be going through that hardship again once he steps the land of Korea.

Jimin did not noticed that Audrey was coming to him. She slowly backhugged his shirtless boyfriend when she gets close to him. "Hey, what are you thinking? You looked like a lost puppy." Jimin just gave her a smile.

Then she started kissing his bare shoulders then his earlobes while caressing his exposed chest. "What are those?" She said while pouting at the papers in his hands.

"Ohh, just pieces of shit.." he tossed them under his bed, while praying that Audrey will buy his alibis. She knows nothing about it and she needs not to know about it.

Then Jimin turned around to face his beautiful girlfriend, pinning her on the bed. He lovingly looked at her deep in the eyes, he wants to remember every inch of her. His mind is battling right now, Jimin doesn't want to leave her behind. He just can't bear it, that's why, maybe.. this will be the last time that he will be seeing her.

He plans to avoid her for the next whole week and then leave her without any notice. Jimin believes that it will be better if she'll despise him, so that she'll easily forget about him.

Jimin's heart is hurting just by the thought of it. He loves her so much and he did not expect that their relationship will end this way. He silently cursed his mom, his life.. if only he can stand on his own, there's no reason to leave Audrey. But he's still young and can't even provide for himself.

"Jimin, is something bothering you?" Audrey's touching his face right now, tracing his eyes, nose and then his lips.

"None, I just want to look at you, don't forget that I do love you, okay?"

"What's with that look? You're scaring me." She's confused with Jimin's actions.

But instead of answering Audrey's question, Jimin kissed her passionately, with all his heart and soul. Audrey wrapped her arms around Jimin's neck pulling him closer to her and their bodies are pressed against each other. Audrey's arms are now wandering down to Jimin's waist. But Jimin suddenly pulled out from their kiss.

"Honey, are you cooking? Because I smell something's burning"

"Oh! Shit! I forgot!" Audrey went running downstairs to the kitchen, leaving Jimin on the bed smiling at her girlfriend's silliness.. wishing for this day not to last.