Awaken

Jimin opened his eyes and all he could see was brightness and it's blinding him. He closed his eyes again and slowly opened it so that he could adjust to the surrounding.

He looked around and noticed that he is in a hospital. He saw two bags hanging in the metal rod beside him, one bag with transparent liquid in it and the other bag half-full of blood.

Half of his face was covered with mask for the oxygen, there's something placed on his temple connected to the machine beside him and a clip on his index.

There's no one in the room with him, all he can hear are the beeping sounds from the machines connected to him.

Jimin can't remember anything, he doesn't know why he's in this hospital bed with all this wires connected to him.

He was trying to think but his brain was blank and clear.

The door suddenly opened and reveals a lady wearing white clothes and Jimin assumed her to be a nurse.

The lady noticed that the patient was already awake, immediately she run to him and pressed the button just above his bed.

"Hi! How do you feel?", she softly asked while removing his mask and checking all the monitors beside Jimin.

"I'm thirsty.." he speaks, almost whispering the words, but the nurse understands him and quickly reach for the glass of water on the table.

But before she could hand it to Jimin, the door swung open and three people hurriedly comes in, one of them a woman.

Jimin was just watching them as they come closer. He noticed the woman who is crying and uttering a name "Jimin".

"Jimin, you're finally awake. Thanks God." She touches his face immediately upon reaching his bed. Her tears keeps falling on her cheeks and then she holds his left hand tight while the doctors are checking his vitals and giving instructions to the nurse.

Jimin was clueless. So, his name is Jimin. He feels a close connection and affection to the woman but he can't remember her. He looks at her blankly and she noticed it.

With a smile she says, "Hey baby, I'm your mom."

She finally recalls what Dr. Yoongi told her about the consequence of Jimin being in comatose for almost six months when she noticed the blank reaction on his face.

And Dr. Yoongi was right, Jimin shows signs that he develops amnesia. It's the effect of the medical treatment given to him.

Dr. Yoongi was not sure whether it will be permanent or not, but nevertheless she's so thankful that Jimin finally woke up just in time.

They were discussing a while ago that if Jimin will not show any progress in his condition they will be forced to stop all his medication and will just wait for miracles to happen. Jimin's treatment was in high dosage, it will give him more damage in the long run.

They are lucky enough that after decades of research on Jimin's rare brain disease, Dr. Yoongi finally found the perfect treatment for Jimin, and now, it depends if he will responds well to the medication. This is also the main reason why they immediately send Jimin here in America right after he collapsed in school.

And here he is, already awake. They are positive now that everything will go well.

Although Jimin was so confused, and he can't understand what's happening around him, he gave the woman a smile and then he decided to close his eyes. He felt that they are removing his oxygen and the patches on his temple and he felt relieved.

He also heard one of the doctor saying that they must let him rest and afterwards he felt a soft kiss on his cheek and then sounds of footsteps leaving the room.

He's alone once again. Jimin felt emptiness.