Idiot wth a big ego

*carters pov*
There he is the one guy i could not talk to. I look down at my feet which were covered by this ball gown. I look back up at him when i looked him i was caught in his gaze which made me turn away slightly with a blush creeping on my face. "You know he caught you staring right?"  I nodded. "Let's go get some punch so you can shut up." We walked over to the punch stand. We grabbed cups and decided stay there and talk. "What happened to alice?" We looked around the room and tried to find her. When we did we weren't surprised. "I found her." I looked at rose. "Where is she?" Rose smirked "I'll give you one guess." "She's in a corner reading isn't she?" Rose nods. "Shall we get her?"  "Yea you can go first i want to grab one of those cookies." Rose shrugs and puts down her drink. "Ok just don't get caught when you look at mcdreamy." I glared at her. "Ok one mcdreamy has a name which is Mac, and two how did you know? Then there is three I don't plan on getting caught." Rose shook her head. "I knew because you made it easy to figure out. You keep looking around the room even when we were looking for alice i bet you were also looking for him."  I grumbled as I shooed her away.
I looked up trying to find him but I couldn't so I grabbed a cookie instead and started walking. About half way I wasn't paying attention and i slipped. Which made me fall backwards. As i was fallling I realized that everyone would see, until i felt someone catch me i looked up and saw Mac... grinning. "Did you really have to fall for me that quickly carter?" I could feel my face turn bright red. "You know you can let me go right?" He nodded "yea i do know but every time i try to talk to you, you disappear. So I using this my chance to talk to you." I looked at him and then looked to find alice and rose who were staring with shocked eyes with everyone else who was staring. "Fine i wont run away this time so please can i stand up." He nodded and helped me stand up straight. As i was about to bolt to the door he caught my hand and turned me to face him. "You said you wouldn't run." He arched his eyebrow. "Do I have to ask you to dance so i know you wont run away cause you will be in my arms." I gulped i-is he really talking about dancing w-with me. "Ummmmm." With that he bowed and kissed the top of my hand. "Carter Mathews, may i have this dance?" I nodded while he led me to the dance floor. He put his left hand on my waist and he let his right hand intertwine with mine and we started to dance. "So i saw you were on the other side of the court last Friday." I nodded. "That's because we were playing against my brother who is YOUR best friend." He started to grumble. "So that means that i cant be jealous since they had you on their side." I looked at him. "What did you say?" He shook is head. "N-NOTHING!"
About half way through Mac slowed our dance a little and then he looked in my eyes. "You know carter I've know you since we were little and even though we didn't talk much we were still kind of close and i need to tell you something."  I nodded. "Ok, what is it?" He took a deep breath. "I l-love." All of a sudden all i hear is beeping.
I grab my phone to turn off  my alarm. Damn it i was having such amazing dream. Well I guess it isn't as amazing since I finally got to see Chris in person. But if i had that dream before it would have been amazing. I looked at the time after i turned off the alarm. 11:45 shit i have 10 minuets to get ready and to get to work, but that means my alarm has been going off for an hour. Well shit, i got up and quickly got dressed and called rose. "Hey can you take my shift until i get there." She sighed. "You over slept again didn't you?" "Yep." "Ok fine but hurry up and you are assigned to take the shift after since Jeff took off." "Fine whatever ill be there in maybe 15 minuets." I hung up and grabbed my keys and left.
Half way though my shift Mac and elizer came in talking. "Yea i tried last week i tried to ask if she wanted to go to the game and i asked if she could bring her friend for you since you like her but she got a call and basically ignored me the whole time." Mac nod at elizer and they walked up to the counter. "Wow Elizer you actually got the team captain of the basketball team to talk to you... your such a lucky girl." Elizer glares at me. "Wow carter you finally have a job did you punch the manger yet." I glared back at him. "Haha that happened once and that was freshman year." I rested my head on my hand trying not to look at Mac especially since that dream didn't help me getting over him. "No but seriously, how much are you paying the idiot with a big ego to hang out with you." Elizer looked at Mac while chuckling. "Are you not going to comment on that... idiot with a big ego. Oh and i wold like an cappuccino." With that he left to go sit down leaving Mac at the counter with me grinning... ear to ear. "What do you want so you can go join your little friend." He arches up an eyebrow and mimics my stance from two minuets ago. "You think I'm a idiot with a big ego?" I nodded. "Considering you are my brothers friend yes i do. So now what would you like." He smirks as fallows me with his eyes as i make the cappuccino. "I want you to tell me why you think I'm a idiot with a big ego." It was now my turn to arch my eyebrow. "So you want your usual? Coming right up." I slid him Elizer cappuccino and smile which makes him scoff.
*macs pov*
I bring Elizer his cappuccino and sat at the other side of the booth. "You had to leave me?" He gives me a quick smile. "Yea I figured that would be a perfect time for you to have an accurate conversation. Look you like her and you want to date her so take your chance before some guy from another country comes and sweeps her off her feet." I arched my brow at him. "DUDE, you HAVE a chance she hasn't turned you down or friend zoned you yet. So when you get your coffee ASK. HER. OUT." I nodded which was when carter called me to get my drink.
I walked up to her. "So how do you know my usual?" Her cheeks started to turn red. That's a good sign right? She starts to wipe down the counters so she doesn't have to face me. "D-don't think you special i always have to hear about you in the break room ESPECIALLY if there are more people are working. And they talk about how you get the s-same thing all the time." I smile at her. She's totally hiding something.  "So about the idiot thing." She stoped and looked at me. "I thought i told you to drop it." My smile turns into a grin. "Actually no you didn't. So tell me how I'm a idiot with a big ego?" She scoffs. "You have to be kidding me.... You really want to know. Fine ill tell you why you have a big ego. It's because YOU care about what people think about you and you let their comments feed your ego. It doesn't mater if its after a game or whatever. Look you just think your so high and mighty because everyone loves you well guess what  i know a couple of people who would agree that they don't."  She turns back and starts cleaning. "Ok well how am i and idiot." She glares at me. "I'm not answering" "oh really and why not?" She give me a small smile. "Cause I don't have to."