Chapter Thirty-Five

Everything welled up inside of him at once.

Percy let it all out in the form of a loud, painful, raw scream.

And the oceans began to churn with his emotions.

The wind howled, blowing forcefully across the street. Water rose up through the cracks and from sewers. Rain began to fall from the sky.

It twisted around Percy and Annabeth. Whirling faster and faster until sparks of electricity appeared occasionally. Loose items were flung across the street. The noise of wind, rain and swirling water booming in their ears, drowning out the sound of Percy's crying.

"WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON DOWN HERE!?" Thor had to shout desperately to be heard over all the noise. Both he and Loki could make out the form of Percy inside the swirling mass of water, but did not recognise the body in his arms.

"What a great first impression." Loki muttered, his voice snatched away by the wind.

But Percy wasn't thinking about those around him. His chest heaved with the strain of his powers. His body felt heavy.

He needed to heal her.

She's not dead. She not dead. She's not dead she'snotdead!

He could heal her.

He had to.

He focused on the water particles in his and her body. Percy broke them down and latched onto an ocean water particle, allowing everything else to follow and transported them there.

But his powers were more sensitive right now. They were more active and much stronger.

Not only did he transport himself and Annabeth, but Blyke and Hamish too, who were closest to him at the time.

Percy either didn't notice them or ignored them, focused entirely on his task of trying to do the impossible.

He lowered her body into the ocean water, the cool, salty water washing over her limp frame.

He chanted her name. Over and over again.

But nothing happened.

His power was going nowhere.

Because she couldn't be healed.

Percy couldn't save the dead.

He couldn't bring her back to life.

He couldn't.

Blyke took his chance. Even without Adamantine, or Annabeth, as she truly was. The plan must still be carried out.

So while Percy was focused on Annabeth, he snuck up behind the famous demigod, and knocked him out.

Blyke handed Adamantine off to Hamish, who gave her a pitying look. He hated to think what would happen now that Blyke was in charge. The man could be cruel and emotionless.

And now he had Percy, and the power to do a lot of damage.

~~~~

You guys here from my previous books know how I'm notorious for tormenting Percy?

Yeah well that really gets going now.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama