Chapter Thirty

Percy awkwardly raised his hand, "Yo."

Shay glanced at the group of Avengers before them. "Do you know them?"

"Maybe."

Shay gave Percy a deadpanned stare.

"Yes, but I think now should be less talking and more running." Percy said and before he even finished the sentence he grabbed Shay's wrist and yanked the blonde into a run. With a shout of surprise the Avengers followed.

They duo weaved through the locals and in and out of alleyways. Tony wasn't in his Iron Man suit and figured it was too flashy for a top secret mission. Natasha and Clint broke off from the group to take another route.

Percy only had one destination in mind. So long as he could get to the Empire State Building they would be fine.

But getting there was the problem.

"Left! Left, left, left!" Percy yelped as Natasha appeared in the street before them.

"Ah! No! Right! Right we go!" He yelled as Clint appeared to the left. Adrenaline pumped through his veins as his mind rapidly worked at finding a way out.

Shay was beginning to get sick of being dragged around behind the prince like a rag doll, but was scared of losing the demigod if he let go. Shay could tell that these guys were here about Percy breaking him out, and that scared him.

He was not going back to that room.

Percy was beginning to feel cornered as the intention of the two assassins was clear.

Make them loop back to the other Avengers.

Percy was beginning to believe he would have to stop and fight when a dark figure dropped from the rooftops. The figure began to battle it out with Natasha, who couldn't evade them. The same happened for Clint.

Percy didn't waste time screwing around trying to find out who it was. He had his suspicions. He took the chance and ran.

Both were panting by the time they reached the Empire State Building. Shay leaned over on his knees, wheezing. He'd had little exercise over the years. His job didn't require being fit.

He was surely regretting it now.

Percy strolled up the reception desk, glancing quickly over his shoulder for any more Avengers. There were none.

"Key to the 600th floor please." He said.

"No such thing kid. Get lost." This was mandatory. The receptionist wasn't new, and it surprised Percy that even after all these years he still didn't recognise the demigod.

"How about you look again." The receptionist stared blankly at Percy, failing to register anything. Percy's head dropped into the counter frustratedly.

"Percy Jackson has an appointment. Key please." He grumbled. Percy was in no mood for anything more today. The receptionist gulped and handed over the key.

"Oi, Shay. Let's go." Percy called over his shoulder.

Time to face the family.

Percy took a deep breath and slowly released it as he walked into the Throne Room, Shay not far behind. The design of the place never failed to take his breath away.

"You called for us?" Percy said, deciding not to test his luck too much just yet and bowing his head a little. He could already sense Zeus' irritation at him just being in the room.

"We did." Zeus' voice boomed, ringing across the room.

"I thank you for rescuing my son." Athena said quietly, although grudgingly. Percy would take what he could get.

"Yeah. Moving on. I still haven't found the blackmail. What have you called me for?" Percy demanded.

"Shay McMullen, son of Athena. Step forwards." Percy felt vaguely offended at being ignored. Shay scuffled his feet nervously and stepped forwards. "You have commuted an act of treason. You fed knowledge of the Olympians to a mortal, who now holds it over us, the gods. You would dare betray us?" Zeus growled, his anger flaring. Clouds gathered over the sky, blocking the sun.

Why sound so surprised? He's not the first.

"My Lord I-"

"SILENCE!" Zeus yelled.

Dramatic as always.

"You dare speak? We have discussed your punishment, son of Athena." The mentioned goddess flinched and Percy's gut dropped. He could sense where this was going. "Your punishment shall be death, for setting such a problem over us."

Shay's eyes widened in fear as Zeus' Master Bolt appeared in his hand. The blonde demigod dropped to his knees, too frightened to do anything else but stay there and tremble, unable to take his eyes away from the cackling lightning.

"Wait! I object!" Percy shouted, feeling vaguely like he was barging in on a wedding. The words came out of his mouth before the idea had fully formed in his mind.

"You object? Well surprise there." Zeus snarled. None of the other gods had said anything so far, clearly either agreeing or having been bullied into it, but Poseidon was beginning to look nervous as Percy interjected.

"As I stated earlier," Percy decided this time he had to choose his words wisely. "I have yet to find the blackmail. I saved Shay first in order to have him help me find it. I'd like to make a deal. You leave Shay alive and give him to me. If we fail to find the blackmail then you may have him and so as you please. If we find it however, you may afterwards confine him to Camp with a job, and he lives." Percy said. Shay was about to protest but a glare from Percy shut him right up. Percy couldn't straight up demand complete freedom. His deal would be shot down right away.

His next move was possibly stupid, but he did it anyway. "I, Perseus Jackson swear on the River Styx." Thunder boomed.

Wether Zeus liked it or not, the deal had been made. The God of the Skies gritted his teeth together, trying desperately to restrain himself. "Very well." He managed. Percy felt his knees going weak from the power the god was emitting. Despite the deal being made, Poseidon looked no less at ease.

"I shall transport you back to Montauk." Poseidon said. Both demigods closed their eyes as a brilliant bright light encased them.

The three appeared on Montauk Beach, just a little way from the cabin.

"Thanks, Dad." Percy said.

"You really make me worry." Was all he said before Percy and Shay had to avert and cover their eyes to keep from being blinded.

Finally, Percy could go sit down, and relax.

Or so he thought.

"HOW THE HELL DID YOU GUYS GET HERE!?"

~~~~ Back on Olympus ~~~~

Poseidon appeared back in the Throne Room. He had a couple things left to do before he could return to his underwater palace.

Poseidon heard sniggering behind him. He turned to face the culprit, the sun god, Apollo.

"Poseidon, you're practically a pack mule." Apollo giggled. Poseidon scowled at the god.

Apollo's twin, Artemis, Goddess of the Moon spoke next, "He did once mate with a horse did he not? Perhaps he carries some of those qualities from his time as one." Distaste and scorn were heavy in her voice. His son, she could tolerate. The god himself however, absolutely not.

Poseidon shook his head and just left for his palace.

Those tasks could wait.

~~~~

Much longer chapter this time.

What did you all think of the bit at the end?

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama