Chapter Twenty-Seven

"I was already trapped. And now you're trapped here with me." Shay stated miserably.

"Pull yourself together, Shay. Do you really think I would charge in here just to get caught? Of course not. How do you think I got in here?" Percy's eyebrows rose as if daring Shay to say he couldn't get them out.

"You can't use the door." Shay pointed out. "And if you try I won't let you." No way were those spiders getting out.

"Who says I'm using the door?" Percy grinned. "Over the years I've learnt how to travel using water particles. It will more than likely be a bumpy ride as I'm not used to carrying another besides myself. But it should go okay."

"Should?" Shay echoed, voice wavering with uncertainty.

"Hey pick one. Me, or the wall of spiders."

Shay didn't say anything more and allowed himself to be hastily transported.

Once they were a safe distance from the Sandbox, Percy stopped behind a rocky outcrop to shield them from the scorching sun.

Percy needed time to recover. He found amusement in Shay's reaction to being outside once again.

The reason Percy didn't go for the blackmail before rescuing Shay, was because he had no idea how to find it. He had no idea what format the blackmail was in. But with the son of Athena at his side, Percy figured that would make things easier. Not to mention that Shay was the one dealing out the information so he may have some hints.

But now Percy needed to find a place to stay. The Avenger's Tower was no longer an option because even though he'd done everything he could to get rid of the evidence leading to him being there, Percy knew that Fury knew it was him.

Because only he would do it.

~~~~

Not long after the Sandbox break-in, Fury was alerted to the incident.

Although the agent was profusely sorry about not having any evidence in the way of who did it, Fury didn't need any.

He already knew who, for there was only one.

"Agent Hill," Fury said over the pager, "assemble the Avengers."

Jackson!

~~~~

Short, but I don't care. I got work to go to. And I've already posted three times today and it's only 10:30...

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama