Chapter Twenty-Six

Percy dusted off his gloved hands. Nobody was dead, but a trail of unconscious agents littered the path behind him.

Percy leaned against the wall, taking a few breaths to regain his composure.

To get into the building he'd scanned it first and then Water Traveled himself into the security room, knocking everyone there out and shutting down the security system.

Any camera he came across he short circuited, but there were some cameras he couldn't dismantle through the security room for simple not being there. Such as the one in Shay's room.

Of course Fury would keep his living creatures under a more careful security system.

So Percy went down to Shay's room on foot so he could dismantle it from outside the door. Naturally he had to take out those who stood in his way. He'd been hoping for more of a fight, but at the same time he was glad he could get through all this quickly.

Finally he was there, right outside room 418.

Shay's room.

Percy pulled open the door, not expecting much. Percy almost fell backwards in shock as the door opened easily with no resistance.

Could only outsiders get in? Percy noticed a scanner above the door. Percy figured that would send agents running but Shay was a demigod. He may not be Percy, but he could still fight. He was a child of Athena and could use a hostage or do something smart.

What could possibly keep him here?

He soon found out.

Percy entered the room and in the far corner as far away as one could get from the door, was Shay McMullen, son of Athena.

Percy's eyes wandered over Shay's body, searching for injuries or signs of the suggested torture Percy had constantly hearing about. Shay's face was taunt with fear and exhaustion, his blonde hair shaggy and overgrown. His grey eyes were dull and tired. Other than that Shay was not injured.

Anger bubbled up inside Percy. He'd risked almost everything to get here, to save Shay, and he finds that the son of Athena wasn't even harmed? Percy had been threatened and allowed himself to be pushed about because of some guy locked in a cell.

Shay could see the rage welling up in Percy's eyes and flinched back.

"You're not even injured." Percy said lowly.

"L-look, I can explain, just don't let the door close." Shay stuttered, his voice thick from lack of use. "CATCH THE DOOR!" Shay gestured frantically.

Percy turned to the door just as it slammed shut.

And suddenly Percy saw what would definitely keep the son of Athena in his cell. Percy understood why there wasn't a camera in this room.

They simply didn't need one.

Not with this.

It would terrify anyone. It could practically cause a child of Athena to die of fear.

Instead of the metal walls like the rest of the room, this wall jutted out a bit from the entrance, with plastic hatches that were currently closed. It was entirely see through.

And what inside the space was alive.

Alive and writhing. Hundred of them, thousands of them. Swarming and constantly trying to break the glass and attack its natural enemy.

Percy's breath caught in his throat.

The wall was filled with spiders.

"Sorry." Percy said, apologising for his outburst.

"I can't go out that door." Shay said quietly. "There's a barcode on my neck that will o-open the hatches if I try leave." Shay shuddered violently, images flashing through his mind. "And if the door is opened from the inside the same thing happens anyway."

"Is that how they got information? With this?" Percy asked. He understood completely now. He remembered perfectly how afraid of spiders Annabeth was.

Shay nodded in confirmation, shame and guilt dominating his features.

Percy sighed, pulling off the black beanie on his head and running his fingers through his hair.

"I was already trapped. And now you're trapped here with me." Shay stated miserably.

~~~~

Things are starting to pick up now.

Let me know what you thought or  are thinking so far.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama