Chapter Twenty-Two

A ring of six people sat around their leader.

Adamantine smiled when she looked at the demigods she had gathered.

Hamish, a son of Hermia, Lyla a daughter of Nyx, Zachary, a son of Nike, Sophie, a daughter of Hebe, Blyke, a son of Iris and Sylva, a daughter of Hephaestus.

The perfect recreations of the Original Seven, if not more powerful. But she still needed one more member. But at this moment he was unobtainable, trapped within the bindings of the gods.

Adamantine supposed that if she could let the famous demigod finish his quest, then she could snatch him up. The last one. She had a plan to speed up the amount of progress Perseus made, but she couldn't very well walk up to him and hand him the information. He'd be instantly suspicious and disregard it. However, if it were to happen in the midst of a battle...

That was why she had summoned her six followers. Today, they would fight. At the very least, she needed them to gauge the strength of Perseus' new teammates.

Adamantine wished to go herself, but she was unable to fight for she was crippled.

"Listen up you lot..."

~~~~

They sat happily at the waterfront of the lake at Camp Half-Blood. The weather was a little dull, but the couple would take any moment they could get to spend time together.

Without interruptions.

Percy felt happy, his hand warm and snug around Annabeth's. It all felt so real, her head rested gently on his shoulder, breathing softly in her sleep. Her hair ticked his chin, but he didn't mind, because his Wise Girl was still there, by his side. Right where she should be.

This couldn't be a dream. It was all too real. Maybe what he thought was reality was just a nightmare. After all, nothing could tear them apart. He wouldn't allow it.

Percy was enjoying the moment and closed his eyes. The lake creatures would keep an eye on them.

After a moment Percy flinched as something wet landed on his cheek. His eyes blinked open. It was drizzling rain.

But why did the drop not roll off his face?

Water always rolled down his face, keeping him dry. He wiped the droplet off his cheek, careful not to shift too much and wake Annabeth up.

It wasn't water.

A crimson stain appeared stark against his skin. His eyes widened. It wasn't raining water.

It was raining blood.

Percy gasped as he looked across the lake, the normally pristine water filled with thick sticky blood.

He began to hyperventilate as he turned to wake up his girlfriend.

She wouldn't wake up. Annabeth fell backwards, her hair dry and frail, dull grey eyes open and glassy. Lifeless.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no!" Percy chanted as he cupped her face.

The girl he knew couldn't be gone.

She couldn't be!

But she was. In his hands her skin curled off her bones and evaporated into the air. The falling blood coated and clung to his skin. All that was left of his beloved was bones. Blood splatters on the skull gave it an eerie feel. Percy reeled back in shock. He fell backwards.

No matter how much he shouted for help nothing happened. No one came. He was alone.

Truly alone.

He screamed until the sound of falling crimson rain drowned out his voice.

Percy yelped as something thick and slimy gripped his ankle in a tightening vice. He looked down-

"PERCY WAKE UP!" Percy abruptly awoke, shooting up, sweat rolling off his skin in rivulets, hands gripping the sheets like they were all he had left.

"You okay?" Steve asked as he regarded the wild eyed prince with caution. The soldier had known many to lash out in a nightmare.

Thor stop as an onlooker from the doorway, a concerned expression on his features. It was not unlike the rest of the Avengers, who had crowded into his room.

"Fine," Percy managed as he tried to breathe normally. "Just fine."

Then he noticed their appearances.

"What are you guys dressed up like cosplay rejects for?" The demigod received unimpressed looks from the group.

"We've been called out. There's a group of Inhumans attacking the city." Natasha said. Bruce wasn't here, for the did not believe it to be a 'Code Green' call out.

"Got it." As an Avenger he was required to fight alongside these guys. He climbed out of bed, plain white night shirt clinging to his torso and warm track pants bunched around his ankles.

"You need a suit." Tony remarked. You can't fight like that.

"No I don't, I've fought in worse. You need to get your priorities straight. People could be getting hurt right now. I'll be fine." And he was out the door before anyone said another word, hopping along as he pulled on his shoes.

~~~~

Ahh, nothing like sitting outside alone next to a cackling fire on a freezing night at an adults party, writing a story about tormented children.

My fingers are frozen now.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama