Chapter Four

"They what! How did you gods even let them find out!?" Percy yelled at his father while they sparred.

"The mortal organization, S.H.I.E.L.D raided one of their enemies bases. Shay McMullen, child of Athena was a scientist there. He was captured and interrogated for information. Next thing we knew, there was a demanding mortal on our doorstep ready to release our existence to the mortal world." Poseidon supplied solemnly as he ducked under his son's kick, aiming a punch to Percy's stomach but narrowly missing.

"Why did you let him get away then? I can't imagine Zeus refraining from smiting him there and then." Percy said coldly, unhappy with what he was being dragged into.

"The small mortal was important. If he went missing he'd told others and they would release the information."

"Then why didn't Hecate erase his memory!?"

"He would eventually remember with the right triggers like Hera did to you. Even then his workers would know something is up."

"Hackers?" Percy tried, exasperated. A flick of his wrist sent water flying at Poseidon's face. It solidified into ice before making contact. The sea god whipped his head forwards, the ice leaving a thin trail of golden ichor when he didn't move fast enough.

"We didn't know where their base was and the little mortal had a deal for us."

"And unsurprisingly enough, you accepted." The wound healed almost instantly.

"Yes. On the condition that we sent one demigod to work for him every two years, he would not reveal our existence and only a select few would be aware of our presence." Though Percy was strong, Poseidon was stronger. In one swift move, Poseidon charged at his son and encased him in ice, poising his trident that he'd summoned right in front of Percy's neck.

"Yeah, yeah. You win again. So you want me to go work for this S.H.I.E.L.D?" The ice melted and Percy stood in front of his father, thoroughly unimpressed.

"Much to my disagreement, yes. Artemis is collecting her Hunters, Zeus is a stubborn asshole. The other gods just as much. You, at least, may take praise in the thought that they trust you enough to send you."

Percy sighed, running a hand through his sweat-dampened hair.

"Your four years of training has almost finished here. Triton has been counting down the days-"

"Typical." Percy muttered.

"-and you only have a further eight days here. That is all."

Percy bowed his head and left. He'd spent four years training under his father, gaining new techniques and powers that he never knew he had access to.

Not to mention all the comebacks he'd hoarded from his spats with Triton.

A mortal organization huh?

~~~~

Why do I suddenly have the urge to turn this into yet another Poki story????

**EDITED**

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama