Chapter Twelve

A girl sat at the window seat, watching the sun set. The sunlight filtered through the dark room.

"Yo, Boss!" She turned away to glance at the boy in the open doorway. "Time to put your plan in action."

Somebody else came around the corner dragging a tied up figure behind them. The girl threw the figure onto the floor, dull sunlight washing over his face.

"Boss, meet Justin Peters." The girl grinned.

"Are you sure Princey hasn't met Justin Peters?" The boy asked.

Boss studied Justin's face. The son of Hermes was unconscious. "Positive." She said.

"So who gets to play JP's role?" The boy demanded. "Can I do it? Can I do it? Please?"

"Shut up, Zachary!" Boss snapped.

"Aww, come on, Boss. You know Hamish would be no good at it." Zachary whined. "And the person who goes has to be a guy!"

"You screw this up and you better start praying to the gods got it?" Boss threatened. She could not afford for this chance to pass. She needed the information Percy could give them.

"Aye, Aye, Boss!" Zachary sang, happily skipping out of the room.

Easy peasy. He thought.

~~~~

Zachary saw a figure matching Perseus' description slumped in the corner of the Starbucks meeting place.

"Prince Perseus?" He asked, double checking. It was his head on a platter if he started rambling off to a random stranger.

"Yeah, that's me." The man Zachary had been watching looked up.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Justin Peters." Zachary grinned. "Let's talk."

He sat down opposite Perseus.

"What are you expecting me to tell you?" Percy said, a look of irritation on his face. "I've been with the Avengers for three days. I've seen Fury like, twice. What are the gods expecting me to tell them? All I can confirm is that Shay McMullen is still being held captive. I need more time to figure this stuff out. I don't even know where the blackmail files are being kept or in what format." Perseus sighed, tiredly rubbing his face.

"The gods need to know soon Prince Perseus." Zachary said seriously, while on the inside he was trying not to crack up laughing at the situation. Perseus completely believed he was Justin, which meant Boss wasn't wrong when she said Perseus hadn't met him.

Of course she wasn't wrong. She was never wrong! In fact, Zachary was willing to bet that if this mission was hers she'd already have most of the information.

But they had to be patient. They needed this information.

"Please just drop the 'Prince'." Percy leaned forwards on the table. "I will find the information soon, okay? Tell them I just need more time. Things don't happen in a snap of their fingers."

"The gods won't be happy to hear this." Zachary said.

"Well then you can tell them that they should've left me alone and sent somebody else more suited to the role." Percy snarled. He just wanted to be left alone for Hades sake! Was that too much to ask?

"Don't need to be so pissy about it. You don't rule the world. You can't stay down in the dumps forever just because your girlfriend's gone. Feel lucky you even ever had one." Zachary commented offhandedly. Perseus didn't have to act so pitifully about it. Because that's what the great legend was to Zachary at the moment. He'd been so excited to see what the hero was like in person, but this disappointed him. The man in front of him was nothing like the character built up in his brain. Perseus' emotions were too over the place. Zachary could sense it. The hero was supposed to be a person who could put on a front and deliver what was needed.

But even still, Zachary's words were crossing a line.

Everybody knew about Annabeth. Everybody knew about the great heroes girlfriend.

But that comment wasn't fair.

This 'Justin' didn't know a thing.

Percy rose to his feet, eyes blazing with fury and sadness.

"You don't know anything." The prince hissed angrily before storming out. The ground was actually shaking as he left, startling the other customers.

"What a cheerful guy." Zachary muttered bitterly.

~~~~

Percy had one place in mind.

The cemetery.

Angry tears burned down his cheeks. He harshly wiped them away.

Percy hadn't been to her grave in almost a year now. Whenever he was allowed to visit the surface, his number one stop would be her grave.

The cemetery was empty of the living, but bursting with dead heroes from the past. And near the left lay what was left of his Wise Girl. The remnants of the girl he once knew. The girl he once loved.

Still loved.

He sat before her grave and weeped until finally he had to return.

~~~~

Yep. Hello. You've now met some of my OC characters that I'm putting in this story.

NOW FOR SOME QUESTIONS!

The following questions are all from @RyeBeaum0nt !

Q1. If you could, would you rather be Steve Rogers or Bucky Barnes for a day and why would you choose Steve/Bucky?

A1. Uhhhhhh... Steve...? Gods, Uhm. Yeah? I suppose, I can relate to Steve more (not that I've been lost in ice for 80 years, but anyway) and it would be cool see the other Avengers. Bucky is forced to kill people and is stuck in a lab quite a lot. Also, I'm a wuss with pain. Paper cut? AHHH THE WORLD IS ENDING! I don't think I'd survive as Bucky for even an hour...

Q2. Where do you get the inspiration to write every chapter so amazingly well?

A2. Cliffhangers. Cliffhangers make me excited to write the next chapter. Also, I can never wait to see what happens in the next chapter just as much as you guys, especially when I just go with the flow and have no actual idea in mind where I'm going with it. As for the actual wording, practice... I guess?

Q3. What's your zodiac sign?

A3. Sagittarius. (The Archer).

Q4. What do you think how long it will take until you finish this book?

A4. ... I have no idea. Depends on my free time, motivation and how much I keep adding to the plot as I go.

Hope I answered your questions!

That took basically 200 words 😂.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama