Chapter Thirty-Three

It all happened so fast.

Instead of shooting another arrow, Hamish threw something else instead.

"DUCK!" He yelled as the ball sailed over his head. It landed at the feet of the Avengers and Percy grabbed Shay and pulled him behind a building in time to see a bright white flash and the crackling sound of electricity.

"Styx!" Percy cursed. They were officially down for the count.

He peered around the corner and saw the Avengers twitching on the ground, either unconscious or immobile.

They would be of no help.

"Well that was too easy. I knew they were weak." The faint familiar voice of Blyke sneered. "Yo, Prince Perseus! You wanna make it easier for us and come out?"

Percy clenched his teeth and scowled. The fates only knew what Blyke might do to the Avengers if he stayed hidden. But he couldn't take Shay with him, for he couldn't guarantee his safety.

"Stay. Here." And Percy rounded the corner. "What do you want?"

"Just you. All you gotta do is come with us and nobody gets hurt. I swear it." Blyke raised his hands, a sign that he wouldn't hurt them. Percy was well aware of how quickly that could change.

Percy chewed on his lower lip as he thought it over. He honestly was at a loss for what to do.

"If you came, I'd be there." A soft voice spoke from beside him.

Percy froze and slowly turned. His breath was knocked out of his lungs when he saw her.

It had been years.

Had he been thinking straight, he would have noticed how she just came from where he had left Shay. He would have noticed that Shay hadn't come out.

He would have noticed the blood on her hands.

But he had failed to notice. Because it was her.

"Annabeth?"

~~~~

This book 1 has about three chapters left and I'm sad now. But I'm also excited as flip for book 2...

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama