Chapter Fifteen

"What do you want from me?" He demanded.

"I was hoping you could entertain me, that's all." She cocked her head to the side innocently. She truely was just looking for a little entertainment.

"Fine then, but don't run away if the game gets to be to much." Percy said darkly. He was beyond caring today.

His hand shot out to the side and a familiar tug in his gut called the run off water to his aid. It swirled into the air, coiling around his frame in the shape of a tornado, acting as a flowing shield against physical attacks.

But he was not expecting her to lash out with powers just as strong as his.

If not stronger.

After all... Shadows aren't made out of water...

Percy's instincts allowed him to roll to the side as a whip of pure darkness lashed past him. It managed to scrape his cheek, leaving a thin line of crimson. He scowled even though the water made sure the cut healed instantly.

Percy was positive he'd never met the girl before, but figured she had to be a demigod. There was no other reason for this that he could find.

The girl followed up with a lunge almost immediately, gripping Percy by his shoulders and slamming him down to meet her rising knee. He allowed himself to become deadweight, throwing himself to the side to avoid her knee. Percy rolled across the dim alleyway before jumping back to his feet.

Four years of training were not for nothing.

The two circled each other cautiously. Both were clearly skilled fighters. When evenly matched, it wasn't who moved first that would win, it was whoever moved last.

~~~~

"Thor, what do you know about him?" Steve asked. If the Norse go knew of Perseus, then perhaps he could provide some insight.

"Prince Perseus is no weakling. He may not be the same mentally, but physically, he is not to be toyed with. I do not know how much I am permitted to reveal." Thor said.

At that very moment Lyla could wait no more, excitement causing her to act. Instead of running and jumping on her prey she shot her hands forwards, tendrils of darkness bursting forth. It was only happy to comply. Hair darker than her opponents whipped around her face.

"Prince Perseus is quick to think when in battle." Thor said to start.

Percy was at an impasse. The alleyway was too narrow for him to dodge again in with such a widespread attack, and his control over water couldn't counter such a thing.

Not yet anyway.

If it were light then this battle would be easier, for the light could easily be refracted in his water.

Light!

Praying nobody was around, and if there was, that the mist would cover him, Percy turned and ran back out into the street, light washing over his body.

"From what I've heard he's gained a much finer control over his abilities since his last major appearance." Thor had heard that the demigod had gone to the sea for training, nor was he wrong.

Percy spun on his heel and forced a shield of hardening water out in front of him. As he had anticipated, the darkness had lost its ferocity in the light.

But it was still there.

And Lyla wasn't relenting either. But she wasn't strong enough.

Percy hadn't used it in forever. And if all his powers, his next move was still the weakest in his arsenal.

"He is a master of the sword."

Riptide glinted dangerously in the New York sunlight. Percy pointed his trusty sword point towards the end, and jammed it down into the concrete, the force behind it cracking the street and creating a small earthquake.

Lyla was thrown off balance and her shadow attack was halted. Her lip curled in distaste. She knew she would have to get more serious if she wanted to stay, but that could also mean injuring Perseus, and at the moment that was forbidden.

Lyla knew better than to cross that woman.

But she couldn't pull herself from the battle either. It was simply too much fun.

"And he puts himself in harms way to protect people who don't even know he exists."

The air grew colder by several degrees and wind piled up around a ball of darkness gathering in the palm of her left palm. A sinister grin spread across her lips.

The water can heal him. Lyla assured herself.

Percy stood and noticed what she was doing, going wide eyed.

He can't let that out into the streets!

But could he take that head on?

Lyla released.

~~~~

All of a sudden I feel very mean for that cliffhanger...

Man I feel so out of it today. Discovered today that my choir didn't make it through to the Big Sing Nationals T^T.

Better luck next year, I guess...

AnYwAy! Enough about me. You'll be pleased to know that I have planned the next eight chapters.

AND QUESTIONS!

I only have one more question to answer *cry* and that's from @jeweltheboss and they want to know if I like anime and if so, what's my favourite one?

Answer: Do I like anime? HAHAHAHAH. Yes.

My favourite? You is asking me to choose? Why.

I mean, I spent all day binge watching "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?" And "Kuroko's Basketball"... That goes to show how much of a life I have doesn't it...

But I really like Karneval, Tokyo Ghoul, Seven Deadly Sins, My Hero Academia, Black Butler, Servamp- Yeah I'll stop now. Sorry, can't pick a favourite. But I do have a list if anybody (probably nobody) wants them.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama