Chapter Three

When Percy came to and opened his eyes, he watched as the sea light reflected on the high roof.

Sea light?

Percy shot up, the action as smooth as if he wasn't currently submerged in thousands of feet of water.

"Morning brother." A smooth voice drew Percy's attention to the left corner of the room. There sat his two-tailed half-brother, Triton.

"Triton? What am I doing here?" Percy had already recognized that he was in his fathers underwater kingdom.

"What do you think?" The future ruler of the palace retorted. The floodgates in his mind opened and yesterday's memories roared in. Percy angrily pushed off the double bed and swam for the doors only for Triton to block his way.

"Move." Percy demanded. He didn't have time for this.

"Now is that any way to talk to your half-brother?" Triton taunted him, a smirk on his face. The two had always had a rocky relationship for Triton just couldn't understand that Percy didn't actually want his throne.

"I don't care." Percy huffed, trying to push past. Suddenly Triton moved with startling speed, barely moving the water. Percy fell through the grand double doors.

"Try it then. Try to leave. Just find your way to the dining hall before tomorrow at least." Triton chuckled coldly before leaving a slightly confused Percy alone in the doorway.

~~

Percy soon understood what Triton meant. The palace literally wouldn't let him leave. It seemed to wrap around him, changing direction at every turn he took. He let out a cry of frustration and banged his fist against the wall after the millionth wrong turn.

"Do you give up now son?" Poseidon appeared behind his son. Percy snarled as he whipped around.

"Just let me out! Leave me alone! I just want to be left alone." Percy slid down the wall until he was hunched over his knees. Invisible tears merged with the water once they slid off his face, leaving the dry haven.

"It's all happened so quickly. I- I haven't had enough time to get over it. I need more time. I can't handle this!" Percy fisted his hands in his hair. Images flashed through his mind like lightning.

Her broken face - well it had seemed broken to him for all the foreign emotions painted on her face. Blonde hair flying. A body on the grass. Another following. More fell. A never-ending hell. Eyes stared at him. Unseeing, but accusing all the same.

A single hand on his shoulder sucked him back into reality. His father leaned over him.

"Percy, you cannot stay in the past. Most of we gods have already learned this. Times change and we have to cope and change with them. I am sorry, but you will not be leaving my palace until you complete my training. So until you accept, I will be waiting. This only takes longer if you fight me. The deaths in the last war, there were so many. Many of the Olympian Council have decided that a select few shall be trained and made immortal." Percy snapped his head up, anger building.

"Trained and immortal? Both with no choice?" Percy whispered harshly.

"Percy-"

"Just get this over with." He muttered as he walked away. "The sooner I comply the sooner I get out of here right?" He stated bitterly.

"Let's begin then." Poseidon sighed.

~~

Chapters will gradually get longer, just give me a few more to get into the flow. Or maybe they'll just be short, quick updates. I don't know yet.

**EDITED**

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama