Chapter Twenty

When Natasha entered the room she was decked out in her agent gear, blades sheathed in a belt around her waist. Percy was already bored, sitting in the middle of the floor where they would battle, twirling Riptide around his fingers. She disliked how he looked so confident, as if his victory was already assured. Natasha would soon wipe that self assured expression off his face.

"You ready?" She announced, stepping onto the mats. They were the spongey spring type mats that you'd find in a gymnasium. These mats wouldn't hinder your movement but provided a soft landing if you fell and added a little extra bounce.

"Whenever you are," Percy replied, standing up.

Natasha waited patiently. She had been watching Percy's trials through a camera and already knew that his pen became a sword, but it still came as a slight shock to see the transformation herself.

Neither made a move, waiting for the other to pounce. She was an assassin with no time limit. Natasha could wait forever.

A few minutes passed.

Percy felt his frustration growing. The battle was in his blood and his ADHD was beginning to get anxious, willing him to just move already.

So he did.

Natasha felt a streak of satisfaction that she held out longer as she warded off Percy's blade. It was a weak attack, but Percy was only getting started, testing the waters of Natasha's talent. He noticed that she parried easily and picked up the pace. He wouldn't go all out, that wouldn't be fair to her with his extra demigod abilities. He could, however, toy with her a bit. Call it payback for the photo album. He could tell she had a lot of pride and he would take it down a few levels.

He noted that she had two daggers, one in each hand. He wouldn't overestimate her just because she was mortal, but he wouldn't overestimate her either. He struck Riptide down in a high ark, coming down on her head. She blocked by forming an 'X' with her two blades and kicked out at Percy's stomach. He withdrew in time to dodge the kick. Percy noticed how her arms had buckled slightly under his strike.

Natasha swiped out with her dagger but Percy sucked in his stomach. If her attack had gone through and she had been serious his guts could be spilled. But she wasn't and he was no amateur. Percy was waiting for her to realize that if she wanted to have any chance of winning she had to come at him with the real intent of harming him.

Percy retaliated by swinging Riptide around to fling her arm away but he miscalculated the length of the dagger and was set to take off a few fingers. He breathed a sigh of relief as her other dagger appeared to reflect his blade. She pushed out with the dagger, attempting to fling away the blade but it didn't work due to Percy's strength. She jabbed at him with her other dagger and he spun away.

She was starting to learn. He realised with a small smile.

Then the real battle began. There was a frenzy of blades, the noise of metal clashing against metal echoed around the room. Few people could actually follow the paths of their blades.

But slowly Natasha was beginning to tire, unlike Percy, whose demigod stamina denied him the feeling of exhaustion just yet.

Percy decided it was time to finish the fight. He picked up the speed and slammed the flat side of his blade against her ribs.

But he'd forgotten one thing.

His blade didn't hurt mortal beings...

~~~~

I think it's funny how I published this story 11 days ago and already I'm on Chapter Twenty. And for the record, I have no idea how to sword fight or fencing or anything so it may not have been accurate. If anybody wants to educate me since I write way too much of this stuff then PM me XD.

Dammit though, choosing a song to sing for a solo performance in music is harder than I thought...

I was flicking through old stories that I'd written and there was one that sounded interesting and said it had a draft so I clicked on it to help me remember what the idea I had was and discovered just how much of a troll I am...

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama