Chapter Ten

"So Percy, what's the deal with you and Fury?" Natasha settled down opposite Percy.

"What is this, an interrogation?" Percy was only on his third day here and already he was being interrogated.

"At the moment? Yes. When ever you two are in a room together the tension is so thick you could cut it with a knife." Tony supplied unhelpfully.

"I will admit there is some... tension between Fury and my family." Percy said dismissively, munching on a cracker.

"Why? Why would he invite you here if you guys hate each other's guts?" Natasha demanded, pushing the plate away from Percy's reach. He scowled at her.

"He enjoys playing dangerous games with people and my family is no exception to this." Percy said, giving nothing away while snatching his plate back. Bruce and Steve stood quietly to the side.

"So you're here to spy on him?" She asked.

"No. I'm here as a part of a trade." That was half true. Percy was here as a trade, as a demigod was sent to SHIELD every two years, but he also had an ulterior motive. The gods needed a powerful player on the board, someone strong enough to become an Avenger, the best possible position for snooping that they could manage without too much suspicion. And with Shay under lock and key, Fury believed he had Percy under his thumb.

"Oh? What kind of trade?" Tony leaned forwards, awaiting the answer.

"The type of trade where somebody is sent somewhere in exchange for something else." Percy stated innocently.

Tony gave him a deadpanned stare. Percy shrugged back.

"But why the Avengers?"

"Why not the Avengers?"

"If you're a trade, somebody given to Fury, you wouldn't be able to choose where you go. Fury would choose. So what made him send you here?" She was smart, Percy would give her that much.

"Why do I need to have some hoodoo magic power to be good enough for the Avengers? You don't. And I don't exactly go around attacking people so you have no idea what I'm capable of."

"I heard from Bruce you haven't had your physical check up yet." Natasha baited. Percy could see where this was going.

"Mmmm..." he drawled.

"Why don't you and Bruce go do that? Then we can figure out just why you're here."

Percy had no choice in the matter. Besides, he had to get it over and done with eventually.

"If that is what will put your mind at ease." Percy stood. He and Bruce disappeared around the corner. Tony had a small doctors unit on almost every floor meaning Percy didn't have to face the elevators again.

Finally she could investigate.

~~~~

"Okay, so today I'll start with a few questions." Percy nodded. "Have you ever been poisoned?"

Percy gained a dazed look and Bruce was nervous the prince was about to go into another of those flashbacks, but in actually fact he was thinking back. Bruce stared on in surprise as Percy's fingers kept popping up one by one, counting the times he'd been poisoned.

"Okay, yeah I got it. Quite a few times." Bruce said quickly, jotting something down. "Have you ever broken or dislocated something?"

Percy hesitated, wondering if Bruce wanted him to start counting again.

"Quite a few times. Got it." Bruce cringed as he continued asking questions. One would've thought a kingdom would protect their prince better.

"Have you ever been stabbed or shot before?" Percy hesitated once again, contemplating taking his shirt off. He figured he would have to eventually and thus he did.

Bruce gaped open mouthed at him. "You- remind me how old you are?"

"Age doesn't matter. Information and value does." Percy said solemnly, hinting at something.

Percy's chest was covered in a multitude of scars. Some had faded more than others, overlapping and repeating. Many of the scars- not all- but most would remain.

"Who-?"

"Doesn't matter 'who'. It's been and done." Percy said bitterly, suddenly regretting everything. "Just hurry up and move on."

"R-right."

Meanwhile Natasha was in Percy's room. She would find something, anything that could tell her more about the secretive prince.

She shuffled through his draws of clothing, and under his bedsheets and mattress. The bathroom held nothing and not did the shelves. So next she checked the bag shoved in the corner.

Inside the duffle bag was a uniform. An official one, which Natasha assumed was for official prince duty and one that looked more suspicious. Something like the male uniform for SHIELD agents. There was an orange shirt, which she disregarded, categorised as unimportant and then she found something at the bottom of the bag.

It was a photo album. The cover was decorated in seashells and had trails of glitter. There were several symbols and it framed a picture of a large group of people, a camp fire in the background. In the center was Percy, his arm around a blonde girl. The symbols seemed out of place with the seashells for there were things like a book, a knife, a skull, a bolt of lightning and a hammer.

This could definitely contain information. Especially if there were pictures taken in his homeland.

So Natasha opened her coat and carefully stuffed it inside.

She left everything as it was and closed the door, leaving the room behind and retreating to her own.

Let's see if I can find what you're hiding...

~~~~

Wrote this while waiting for my turn in hospital. "Oh, be here at on time otherwise blah blah blah." *Gets here on time and signs in* *asks how delayed the orthopaedic will be* "Oh, they're running on time and shouldn't be too delayed." *an hour past my appointment* "Hello, is there a-" -__-

Question from Annabeth_Jackson_12 : HOW DO YOU WRITE SO WELL!?!?!?!

Answer from Author: No life, practice, obsession and possibly way too much reading. And curiosity as to how I can write better. Also I occasionally go to my school librarian (depending on what I've written. Like, for short one shot things.) and she gives me advice.

Otherwise, no clue.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama