Chapter Twenty-One

Percy decided it was time to finish the fight. He picked up the speed and slammed the flat side of his blade against her ribs.

But he'd forgotten one thing.

His blade didn't hurt mortal beings...

Both fighters stopped in shock, each for a different reason. 

How could he have been so stupid as to forget that?

"Your sword- what?" Natasha stammered. She had been blocking the swords's attacks the whole time with something more solid than she, and suddenly it just passes through her?

"I forgot Riptide does that..." Percy cringed. He decided that she deserved an explanation. "Riptide is made of a special type of metal. It doesn't harm those who are completely human. As you just saw, it passes through them without a scratch. But if you tried to attack somebody who isn't completely human..." Percy didn't care anymore that he was literally telling them he wasn't fully human. He knew they already suspected him after flicking through his photo album. He drew Riptide across his palm and unlike Natasha, the blade didn't pass through. A thin line of blood welled to the surface. 

"So take Thor for example..."

"Yes. Riptide would cut him."

"So you aren't completely human." Her tone was filled with accusation.

"No. I'm not," Percy admitted, awaiting her reaction.

"So what can you do then? As an Inhuman?" Natasha demanded. She wanted her theory that he controlled water to be proven. By now the other Avengers had all gathered in the room. 

Percy was confused for a moment, unfamiliar with the term 'Inhuman'.

"Before anything, what is an 'Inhuman'?" He wanted to know if he was going to have to reveal his demigod origins or if he could pass it off as something else.

"A person with mixed blood or chemicals used to create superhuman like enhancements," Bruce said in a monotone voice.

Percy shrugged. That wasn't outright saying he had to tell them what he was. There was little water in the room beside the drink bottle he'd been given. Percy twisted the cap off and set it down. Once he focused on the water a tugging sensation began in his gut. He could feel the water as if it were alive. He flicked a finger towards himself and the water rose out of the bottle and followed. The Avengers watched on with rapt interest as the water swirled and changed form with Percy's orders.

"Ta-da." He said lamely at the end. 

"I was right." Natasha boasted.

"Yeah, yeah," Clint grumbled. The pair had placed a bet on what was up with Percy and as of now, he'd lost.

Suddenly, to the shock of the unsuspecting Avengers Percy dove forwards and grabbed Natasha's ankles, pulling her feet out from under her and proceeding to put her into a chokehold. 

"I suppose I win this fight." He said and then released her. The assassin glowered at him but said nothing of it.

"Well then, I suppose we have another Inhuman with us."  Tony declared, deciding to keep a bit of distance from the newest Avengers addition. Water and mechanics did not go well together.

Thor snorted at what the Avengers believed Percy to be. The demigod whacked him to make the god shut up without looking at him. If the Avengers wanted to believe he was an Inhuman and he didn't have to reveal anything about his history he was satisfied. 

"Thor?" Steve raised an eyebrow. 

"Nothing. He's fine." Percy said hurriedly. 

"Prince Perseus they're calling you -" Percy irritatedly placed a hand over the Norse god's mouth. 

The Avengers eyed the pair suspiciously. 

"Say anything of it, I dare you." Percy threatened. 

They wisely kept their mouths shut.

"Well then!" Tony clapped his hands together as Clint offered a hand to Natasha, who grudgingly allowed herself to be helped up, "Welcome to the Avengers kid!"

Percy accepted the half-hearted welcoming. They may have accepted him, but he couldn't return the favor. They would only drag him down and prevent him from completing his mission. 

And that was not an option.

~~~~

I'm in a random class with nothing to do, SO, I decided to write and update since I have nothing else to do right now. *Shoves massive really important Japanese project that I haven't really started that's due soon down the stairs*. Absolutely nothing.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama