Chapter Twenty-Five

The following day Percy stared at his muddy PJ's in dismay. He liked these PJ's...

He could put them through the wash at least, but Percy doubted it would make to much of a difference.

He sighed and fished Riptide out of the pants pocket on the pyjama pants. He frowned as he felt a rough piece of scrunched up paper.

What?

On the paper was a simple address written in mind confuddling cursive. Percy scowled as he squinted at the impossible writing.

Written alongside the address was; Sandbox location. Basement level room 418.
~ Adamantine. An ally.

Percy racked his brain. He didn't know anybody called 'Adamantine'.

But he did know what the Sandbox was.

It was a place where paranormal things were kept, regardless of being object or living creature.

That's where he would find Shay.

Percy scanned for any noise of approaching footsteps. If this information was correct, then his mission was already half done.

He was completely alone.

Deciding to be cliche, Percy pulled on an assortment of black clothing and climbed out the window.

Attempting to ignore how ridiculously high up he was, and pushing away the question of how bigger 'splat' he would make on the pavement should he fall, Percy decided Zeus could get over it this once and scaled down the building.

There were a couple of close calls, but Percy made it down safely.

The Sandbox awaited him.

~~~~

The Sandbox was far less impressive than Percy had originally thought it would be, and far more obvious.

One would have thought they would do a better job at hiding such an important building, or at least disguise it.

Instead the Sandbox was a tall building that jutted out from the barren brown ground.

Percy stared at it, a blank look on his face.

Well, at least he didn't have to look very hard.

This 'Adamantine' person had given him the correct place, but he wasn't sure if that put this person in the clear or under more suspicion.

What awaited him there? Was it an ambush? A test of some sort?

Only one way to find out.

~~~~

I finished planning to the end of this book. All going well there should be around 12 chapters left of this story, excluding this one.

This is only book 1. There is book 2.

...

Eventually.

I feel like you guys are gonna kill me in the coming chapters...

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama