Chapter Eleven

"And that should be about it for now." Bruce said, packing away his equipment.

Percy pulled his shirt back over his head and stood to leave. "For now?"

"Combat trials." Was all Bruce replied.

"Oh." They would test his ability with weapons and hand to hand combat. Possibly strategy as well.

"You're free to go." Bruce said. "I'm going to linger in here for a bit."

"Mhmm." And with that, Percy left.

~~~~

There was a note on his bed.

Percy frowned when he saw it. On it was the official seal of Hermes, indicating that it was he who delivered it.

Percy broke the seal and pulled out the contents.

It was a small square of paper containing an address and initials.

7th Avenue, Starbucks, Manhattan Mall ~ JP

Given it was Hermes who delivered the message, it was clearly somebody from his godly side. It was probably a good idea to show up.

Percy sighed heavily. How much did they expect him to learn in three days?

~~~~

Percy sat casually at a table for two inside Starbucks in the corner. He'd been waiting for a good ten minutes when the thought struck him.

There had been no time on the note.

Very helpful.

"Prince Perseus?"

The 'Prince' made it far too obvious that this person was 'JP'.

"Yeah, that's me." Percy said turning around.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Justin Peters." A boy with a head of wild black hair grinned. "Let's talk."

~~~~

"What have you called us here for, Nat?" Steve asked from where he sat on a recliner chair.

"When Tony actually gets here, I'll tell you." She responded. Natasha had yet to sit, sanding in the middle of the room, a circle of chairs around her. Clint, Steve and Bruce were all sitting and waiting for the late billionaire. Thor was still on Asgard completing official business for his father.

"So! What's the ruckus?" Tony announced loudly, walking in with his arms raised as if to say 'Behold, for it is I'.

They stared at him, completely used to it and utterly unimpressed.

"Yeah okay, I'm late. Move on." Tony grumbled, sitting down.

"I've called you all here because I might have found some information into the Prince's life." Nat said, pulling out a worn, decorated photo album and dropping it onto the table.

"I highly doubt he gave that to you." Clint pointed out from his position.

"You're right. While he was doing his physical evaluation I-"

"Went snooping in his room." Steve cut in, unhappily.

"Yes."

"I don't think it would be a bad thing." Bruce said quietly.

"What-?"