42- Marie and Edward

Daniel opened the hospital door making Emily look up with Amber waking up in her arms.

"Hi," Marie smiled walking over to Emily.

"It's so good to see you," Emily replied standing up and putting her free arm around Marie.

"How have you been? Are you okay?" She asked pulling back and smiling sympathetically.

"Yeah. It's been rough but we're getting through it all." Emily smiled and looked down at Amber. "This is Amber. She's just waking up."

"She's just beautiful," Marie smiled.

"Would you like to hold her?"

Gently Emily placed Amber in Marie's arms as she opened her eyes and blinked a few times.

"Her eyes," Marie gasped.

"That's why her name's Amber," Emily smiled watching her daughter closely.

"They're beautiful. You're beautiful," she cooed stroking Ambers cheek.

Amber yawned widely causing both the women to laugh slightly.

"Where's Edward?" Emily asked.

"He's back with the kids. It was so nice to see them."

"It's nice to see you. I'm sure the kids were excited."

"How long have you been here?"

"Since this morning," Emily sighed.

"Daniel told me....about how one of you needs to be here all the time. It must be hard."

"Hopefully it won't be too long. They are looking at discharging her in a week."

"Emily that's great."

Amber whimpered slightly and Marie rocked her gently.

"Are you coming back to feed her every so often?" Marie asked.

"No. I feed her while I'm here but the doctors just give her a bottle if I'm not. It just makes it easier and they dose up the milk with her medicine so I don't have to try and give it to her."

"Yeah, it's good that you are getting a rest."

"Have you settled in at the house?" Emily asked.

"Yeah we spent the morning there and had lunch and I put Tayla down to sleep and then came here."

"Did she go down well? She normally does."

"Yeah she was fine," Marie smiled.

"Thank you for watching them. Hopefully it won't be for very long."

"It's no problem, you just worry about Amber and it will all be fine," Marie smiled.

"How long are you down for?"

"3 weeks."

"Nice. It'll give you a chance to see everyone properly."

"Yeah, I've only seen Amelia twice since she was born!"

"Charlotte talks about you often actually. She misses you."

"I miss her too."

All of sudden the silent room was filled with the cry of the baby in Maries arms.

"It's alright darling," Emily cooed as Marie laid Amber back in her arms.

Soon the crying became breathless gasping and Emily knew Amber wasn't getting enough air.

"Calm down," she said slightly panicked; laying Amber upright on her chest. "Daniel what's she doing?!"

"Baby girl it's alright," Daniel said taking Amber into his own arms and rubbing her back and bouncing her slightly.

Emily bit her lip panicked as Daniel started to stop the crying until it was whimpering and eventually nothing.

"Thank you," Emily exhaled as Daniel handed her the baby."Does she do that often?" Marie asked.

"She's done it three times, Daniels been here though, I've never seen it until now," Emily replied sitting down on the hospital chair.

She fixed her top and Amber began to feed.

"She'll get through it Emily, be home before you know it," Marie comforted.

___________________________

A/N: I am so sorry, I think this is the worst filler chapter I've ever written. I started back to school this week so I'm a bit out of everything.