11- First Steps

"Em we're home!" Daniel called out as he walked into the house and put Thomas' school bag down by the stairs along with his breifcase.

Tayla was sitting on the floor playing around with her toys, then looked up and crawled over to Daniel.

"Where's mummy Tay?" He asked picking her up.

"Dad I'm hungry!" Thomas said.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"Chocolate cookies!" He smiled.

"Cooook-ieeee," Tayla giggled slowly sounding out another word.

"Good girl," Daniel smiled. "Another new word. Clever girl. I'll go get you a chocolate cookie!"

She giggled with delight and Daniel put her down on the floor.

"Thomas go wash your hands while I go find mum. Then I'll get the cookies okay?"

He nodded and walked through to the downstairs bathroom. Daniel heard the water start as he climbed the stairs to the bedroom.

"Em where are you?"

He walked down the hallway and looked in each room unable to find her. Finally he made his way into the master bedroom to see her sitting on the bed.

"Hey beautiful," he said walking over to her.

"Hey," she smiled standing up.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and she smiled; leaning into his chest.

"How was your day?" She whispered.

"It was busy but not to bad. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Same as always. A little tired but other than that I'm okay. You don't need to worry about me," she smiled.

"Well that's my job," he chuckled.

"You already have a job. You go to work and look after our family. I couldn't ask for anything more than that."

"Well I still how to to worry about you. I have two job."

She smiled and looked up at him as he pressed his lips to her forehead.

"You can lay down if you want," he smiled. "I'll watch the kids."

"No it's okay. I told Tayla we could go to the park once you guys got home."

She stepped away from him.

"Are you going to come with us?" She asked.

"Sure, why not."

He took her hand and they left the master bedroom slowly walking down the hall.

"We should start making Taylas room back into a baby nursery," Daniel said standing in the door way. "Get her new furnitre and stuff like we did for Thomas and put her in the other room.

"She's not ready for a bed Daniel," Emily whispered leaning against his side.

"Well in 7 months she'll need to be," he chuckled.

"It would be nice if we did up this room for the baby," she admited. "Still, I'd rather Tayla sleep in the cot fr as long as possible. The baby can sleep in the bassinet until it's a couple of months old anyway."

"Look at you," he laughed. "You've got a million thoughts going around in your mind."

"You bought up the bedroom," she giggled. "And like I couldn't be thinking about that kindof thing Daniel. It's just something I think about, I like planning ahead."