5- School Dropoff

"Thomas we need to go now," Emily said picking up his school bag and slinging it over her shoulder.

She went over and picked up tayla from the floor where she was playing. Thomas came walking down the stairs dressed in his school uniform. Emily smiled; he looked so much like Daniel. His dark hair and brown eyes.

"Remember I'm picking you up after school and you have soccer training," she said grabbing her car keys and ushering him out to the car.

He got into the back seat as she strapped Tayla into the car seat. She sat down in the front and began to drive.

"Do you have anything special on today?"

"No...we have art though,"he said looking out the window.

"Oh art sounds fun," she smiled.

"Mummy why are you and daddy not talking to each other?" He asked.

"What are you talking about baby? I spoke to daddy just this morning."

"But you're always sad when you talk to him, and you don't say I love you anymore."

"Thomas I love daddy and you and Tayla very much," she said.

"So why don't you tell daddy that? You never have kisses or cuddles anymore, and you only talk to him when you have to!"

"You know what baby, it's complicated. But daddy and I are fine," she said looking in the review mirror at him.

He sighed and wouldn't look at her.

"Thomas baby talk to me," she whispered.

"My friend Max doesn't live with both his mummy and daddy because they don't love each other anymore. I don't want you to not love daddy and then you split up."

Emily was shocked. She wasn't expecting that to come out of a 5 year olds mouth.

"I promise what ever happens that daddy and I will always love each other and always stay together," she said giving him a small but reassuring smile.

He nodded and returned to looking out the window.

The pulled up at the school gates not long after and she parked the car.

"I'm not going to come in this morning sweetie, I'll walk you to the gate."

She got out of the car and quickly walked him to the gate. This way she could save the hassle of getting Tayla out. She kissed him goodbye and watched him as he walked through the gate and up to the building. She quickly walked back to the car as the chill of the wind made goosebumps on her skin.

She sat back down and looked in the mirror back at Tayla who was staring out the window mesmerized by the golden leaves falling from the trees as Autumn begun to transform to winter. She was a gorgeous baby, she was never any trouble, nothing like what Thomas was. Maybe another baby wouldn't be so bad.

With her new found confidence she pulled her phone from her pocket and dialed Daniels number.

"Daniel....can you come home?.....There's something we need to talk about....."

A/N: Sorry it isn't as long as what I normally do, exams coming up :| And just if you didn't get it, soccer is the same as football, just different names. anyhow, thanks for reading,