40- Emily Home

"Slowly up the stairs," Daniel said walking behind Emily with Tayla on his hip and Thomas behind him.

"Why do I have to go up the stairs again?" Emily asked.

"I've have something to show you and it's getting late so the kids need to go to bed and you need to rest," he replied.

"I'm fine," she sighed getting to the top of the stairs and starting down the hall.

"Go to your rooms," Daniel said putting down Tayla and watching them run off to their rooms.

Daniel wrapped his arms around Emily and his hands gently fell to where her baby bump was just a week ago. Emily smiled and continued to hobble down the hall.

"Tayla baby that's not your room," Emily said watching Tayla run into what she thought was one of the spare rooms.

"Yeah it is," Daniel replied.

Emily turned around and looked at him questioningly then made her way to the nursery door.

"Daniel," she smiled walking in. "You fixed it up for Amber."

There was all the new clothes on the shelves and all the baby toys in the toy box along with all the blankets in the closet.

"Well she's going to be home in a little while," Daniel said leaning against the doorframe.

"Did you make the spare room Taylas room?" She asked.

"Come and see," he replied offering her his hands.

She hobbled over and took his hands then made her way back out into the hall then into the room she saw Tayla run into.

When she walked in she gasped. The walls were a light purple with blue and pink butterflies painted on the walls. There was a toddler bed in the middle of the back wall with rails so Tayla wouldn't fall out. There was a chair in the corner to sit and read all the stories in.

"It's beautiful Daniel," Emily said turning around and looking at Daniel.

Emily turned around and looked at Tayla sitting on her bed.

"Baby girl do you like your new room?" She asked.

"Yeah. It's pwetty," she smiled.

"Daddy did a good job didn't he?"

"Can we read stories on my chair mummy?" Tayla asked.

"Come here then," she smiled walking over to the chair and slowly lowering herself down with a wince.

"Em if you can't sit there then don't. You can take Tayla and read on the bed in out room," Daniel said.

"No I'm fine," she replied pulling Tayla onto her lap. "What story should we read?"

"This one," Tayla said handing Emily a story.

Emily smiled and began to read. Daniel made his way back out and into Thomas' room.

"Where's mum?" He asked.

"Reading a story to your sister."

Thomas nodded and Daniel sat down on the bed and put his arms around his son.

"Is amber going to be okay dad?" He asked.

"Yeah, soon she'll be home with mum and Tayla."

"Is mum going to be better soon?"

"Thomas what's going on?" Daniel asked.

"I'm just worried," he whispered closing his eyes on Daniels chest.

"Mummy is fine, she's just sore."

"I don't want mummy to pass out again."

"She won't buddy. And anyway, I'm not going back to work for a while."

"Okay," Thomas nodded in reply.

"You know your mum loves you," Daniel said.

"Yeah I know. I just wish we would spend more time together."

"I know it's hard being the eldest buddy. I was the eldest and grandma was always with Charlotte never me. Mum is busy because Tayla and Amber need her help with lots of things. Mum doesn't love you any less."

"Yeah I know," he replied tiredly.

Daniel knew nothing would help now, he'd just make sure that Emily spent time with Thomas the following day. When Daniel looked back down Thomas was asleep.

"Goodnight little man," Daniel whispered kissing his forehead as he stood up and tucked him in.

Daniel made his way back into Taylas room to see both his girls sleeping on the chair, the book still in Emilys hand. He stifled a chuckle and out the book on the shelf. He picked up Tayla and tucked her into the bed.

"Goodnight my angel," he smiled.

He then walked back over and picked up Emily. He carried her into the master room and laid her down in bed.

When he walked back out to turn off the lights downstairs he paused and looked at the baby nursery across the hall. It was empty without a baby in it. He though of Amber sleeping alone back at the hospital; the first night shed spent alone from her parents.

Nothing was meant to turn out like this. Emily was still supposed to be pregnant, they weren't expecting their baby for another two months. Daniel just wanted his little girl home.

"Goodnight Amber," he whispered through the quiet house.

________________________

A/N: I'm so sorry this is such a bad chapter, I can't focus! I always have pre-written chapters done and that's why I was posting everyday but I haven't had a chance to write more and this isn't pre-written and it's late so it's really bad! Forgive me!