3- Daniel

"Are they sleeping?" Daniel asked as Emily walked out of the hallway.

"Finally. I thought they'd never calm down," she said sitting down beside him and leaning into his chest.

"How are you feeling?" He asked putting his arm around her.

"I'm feeling alright."

He nodded and looked up at the clock; 10:30.

"Where did Marie and Edward go?" She asked.

"They headed to bed. I'm going to stay up and watch the football."

"Who's playing?"

"I don't know, there's nothing else on tv though."

He ran his hand through her hair and smiled. she was so beautiful, everything he ever wanted; everything he ever needed.

"Daniel, do you want another baby?" She asked breaking the silence.

"What?" He asked looking down at her.

She looked up at him shyly.

"Do you want another baby?"

"Tayla's still our baby Em," he frowned. "She's still only little."

"I know, I was just wondering," she replied quietly.

"I mean, are we even ready for another baby?"

"I don't know I was just wondering," she said defensively.

"You don't have to get angry about it. I'm sorry but we can't have another baby right now, I'm not ready for that."

"Forget it." She stood up, "forget I said nothing. I'm going to bed."

"Em I didn't mean to upset you."

"Daniel don't worry about it, forget about it."

"Em..."

"Daniel you're right, we aren't ready. I get that so can we just forget about it please!"

He nodded.

"Goodnight," she sighed kissing his forehead.

She walked straight down the hallway without waiting for a response. She walked into the bedroom and straight into the adjoining bathroom and froze.

She lifted her hands to her stomach and looked down at the positive pregnancy test sitting on the vanity. 2-3 weeks was the prediction on the screen.

Daniel had said it; he didn't want another baby. But there was no changing the fact that the pregnancy test was positive.

She picked up the test and walked back out of the room and straight down the hall to where she knew Marie would be. The door was open and Marie was sitting up against the bed head reading. She knocked getting Marie's attention.

"Emily?" She asked quietly.

"Um can I talk to you?" She asked.

"Of course."

She got up of the bed and walked out of the room so they wouldn't wake Edward.

"Emily what is it?"

Marie lead her to the other guest room and they sat down there so they could talk.

"Daniel doesn't want another baby," She chocked up as tears welled in her eyes.

"Oh Emily," she whispered rubbing her back. "Did you take the test?"

She leaned into her pocket and pulled out the test and handed it to her.

"He said no," she whispered bursting into tears. "He said no, but I'm pregnant."

Marie laid the test down on the bed and put her arms around Emily letting her lean into her chest.

"He said no, but I'm pregnant," she repeated crying.

"Shhh Emily," she whispered stroking her hair.

"He said he doesn't want another baby, he won't love it, he'll hate it- he's going to hate me," she sobbed.

"Hey you can't think that Emily. He loves you and he loves your baby."

"He said he didn't want another baby," she cried.

"Well he can't change that now Emily, neither can you. He will still love the baby."

"No he won't he'll hate it."

"Emily when you asked him if he wanted another baby did you tell him you were pregnant?"

She shook her head.

"I don't think he'd want to try for a baby right now, but you are pregnant and he won't neglect the child."

"But if I wasn't pregnant he wouldn't want to try for a baby, so basically he doesn't want this baby," she whispered.

"You need to talk to him about it."

"Why? He'll only tell me he doesn't want the baby."

"He won't Emily, I'm sure the two of you would've has another baby in the future, it's just now instead."

"In the future Marie, not now," she sighed and started to cry again.

"Do you want this baby Emily?"

"Yes. More than anything. I can't not have this baby."

"Then that's how it is. Daniel knows that."

"But I want the baby, he doesn't. He's not going to want me," she sobbed.

"Talk to him first, everything will be okay."

Marie sat there stroking her hair until Emily fell asleep with her arms wrapped delicately around her stomach. She put a pillow under her head and laid a blanket over her body. She slowly crept out of the room and closed the door then went out to Daniel.

"Emily fell asleep in the other guest room Daniel," she said.

"Is she okay?" He asked.

"Yeah just tired," she relpied.

"Hopefully she'll be better in the morning."