33- Emily

Emily was exhausted and her eyes were heavy as Daniel walked into the room. She was laying on her side with her hand resting over her baby bump when she tiredly looked up at him.

"Hey beautiful," Daniel said quietly as Charlotte walked in behind him.

"Hi," she whispered hoarsely.

"You frightened me," he replied sitting down on the chair beside her and taking her hand.

"Sorry," she giggled quietly as if it was to much energy to last.

"What happened?"

"I just got so dizzy and then everything went black. Then I remember you were in front of me waking me up." Her voice was weak and quiet.

"Yeah. The doctors need to keep you for a couple of days to make sure you get better."

Emily nodded.

"How did you find me? How did you know to come home?"

"Thomas called me," Daniel explained.

"He did?" She smiled proudly. "How did he know your number?"

"I suppose he got it from the phone numbers that you wrote in the magnet in the fridge."

Emily thought about it and nodded.

"He such a clever boy," Emily whispered.

"Yeah I know."

"Where are the kids?"

"With mum and dad. I'll get dad to brung them later so you can see them," he smiled.

"That'd be nice," she replied.

She weakly tried to move and roll onto her back to try get comfortable.

"Are you okay?" Daniel asked her.

"Mhm," she mumbled. "Just tired."

"You look tired," he said as he reached forward and put his hand on her baby bump.

"Must be the baby," she giggled putting her hand on his.

"You should've told me you weren't feeling well Em. I should've stayed home. Now look where we are."

"Daniel whether you were home or not wouldn't have changed whether I collapsed or didn't. I'm fine now so let's just forget about it."

"I'm glad you're okay now."

Emily nodded once again and yawned. Daniel looked around at the monitor Emily was attached to that was monitoring hers and the baby's heartbeat. Emilys fell in a steady rhythm a little slower than the baby's.

"Can I sleep please?" Emily asked Daniel.

"I don't know babe. I should check with the doctors."

Daniel was concerned at how tired Emily was. She could barely keep her eyes open.

"I'm getting dizzy again," she mumbled.

"I'm getting the doctor, keep your eyes open for me Em," Daniel said suddenly panicked. "Charlotte please get the doctor now."

"Daniel I'm fine," Emily whispered as Charlotte left the room.

"Keep your eyes open."

"I'm tired," she whimpered as her eyelids drooped.

"Please babe just keep your eyes open."

Dizziness clouded Emilys head once again.

"No...too hard. Sleeping," she mumbled as she closed her eyes.

"Emily. Emily! Open your eyes!" Daniel said standing up. "Em!"

The heart monitor began beeping quickly and Daniel looked up at it. The line monitoring the baby's heart beat had become a flat line.

_____________________________

A/N: I hope you all get that when there is a flat line there's no heart beat ;)